Windows 10: Cannot update W10 to 20H2, please help

Discus and support Cannot update W10 to 20H2, please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The first time I tried updating to 20H2 it got stuck at 0% prepared and I had to hard restart my computer. Next time I turned it on it said it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/supossum, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Cannot update W10 to 20H2, please help

The first time I tried updating to 20H2 it got stuck at 0% prepared and I had to hard restart my computer. Next time I turned it on it said it was pending a restart, which it also froze on and after finally going through it just says 'We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0xc190012f)'. If I run the troubleshooter it just says checking for pending restart and never progresses past that point. I'm worried because I keep getting messages telling me my version is at its end of service, but I just can't download this update. Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/supossum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/supossum, Mar 13, 2021
  2. fra.carol Win User

Urgent W10 20H2 update

Hi, I have a serious issue with my PC which I hoped to solve by updating to 20H2 (since it's kind of a bigger update and not just a patch update) before proceeding with more invasive and complicated methods; updating is also proposed as a solution in many
    microsoft community threads.

Unfortunately, since I hadn't immediately realized 20H2 was rolling out, I went and downloaded the update assistant on the exact day the thunderbolt nvme ssd issue was found.

Since the solution is said to be available in late november, I wonder if there is any way to force the update to 20H2 now without getting stopped by the incompatibily notice that the update assistant tells me when I try to upgrade, since I own absolutely
    no thunderbolt nvme ssds and I should really fix the problem my PC has.

My machine is a Dell G5 5590, which was validated by dell to be ready for 20H2 (probably before the thunderbolt issue was found).

I really hope someone will help me.

Best wishes

fra.carol, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Mar 13, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Cannot update W10 to 20H2, please help

Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Cannot update W10 to 20H2, please help

1. Cannot update W10 to 20H2, please help - Similar Threads - Cannot update W10

2. Cannot update fron W10 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update fron W10 1909 to 20H2: I have tried the usual way through windows update, it failed several times. I have also used the media creation tool to try to force an update and that has now failed also. It has been like this for almost a year now and I could live with it but now I am paying for Xbox...
  3. Cannot update fron W10 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update fron W10 1909 to 20H2: I have tried the usual way through windows update, it failed several times. I have also used the media creation tool to try to force an update and that has now failed also. It has been like this for almost a year now and I could live with it but now I am paying for Xbox...
  4. Cannot update fron W10 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How Do I Update W10 20H2?

How Do I Update W10 20H2?: Hi guys. My MSI laptop is currently on Windows 10 Version 20H2(OS Build 19042.928). Several months ago, I did a Windows 10 Reset with help from you guys, since I was installing new SSDs and wanted to move OS to one of them. Anyway, I read online recently that Microsoft...
  6. W10 update from 1803 to 20H2 fails

W10 update from 1803 to 20H2 fails: I have tried all the measures described in the various topics and cannot get the upgrade to work The last attempt was via ISO downloaded from MS. Final option option is to wipe and reinstall but I'd like a solution if possible I have the required logs Full install failed...
  7. Cannot login at 20H2 update

Cannot login at 20H2 update: This is immediately after the 20H2 update. I have a personal account setup that I cannot login to. I enter the password, it begins the login process, then immediately logs me back off. I can login to the admin account account with issues. I need my personal account back....
  8. Windows 20H2 updates please help?

Windows 20H2 updates please help?: So the new update for 20H2 came out today and i can't do anything to install it it's literally stuck at 0 percent downloading and has been for hours. I can't do a update install because it only goes to 2004 not 20H2 on the update media page and when I try to create it it says...
  9. Urgent W10 20H2 update

Urgent W10 20H2 update: Hi, I have a serious issue with my PC which I hoped to solve by updating to 20H2 since it's kind of a bigger update and not just a patch update before proceeding with more invasive and complicated methods; updating is also proposed as a solution in many microsoft community...
  10. Please help me w10, ty

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please help me w10, ty: *Confused*Start*Start*Confused i bought s windows 10 and i,ve nothing but trouble with it, its quite a decent IOS when it does what its ask which recently has not been the case. My Windows 10 now refuses to function as its supposed to. When i turn on Nothing happens it won't...