Windows 10: Cannot update Windows 10 due to Free space

Discus and support Cannot update Windows 10 due to Free space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hi Sumit I've got the same problem but the Media creation tool solution isn't working for me. I don't have enough disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FionaStewart1, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Cannot update Windows 10 due to Free space

Split from this thread.​

Hi Sumit

I've got the same problem but the Media creation tool solution isn't working for me. I don't have enough disk space on my hard drive and no, I can't delete any more stuff - long story!, and I'm not getting the option to save the ISO file onto a flash drive that DOES have enough space.

I've been trying to get this update installed for months now and it's driving me mad!!

I would SO grateful for any further advice.

:)

FionaStewart1, Mar 2, 2020
  2. j_mahesh Win User

Windows 10 update fails due to space issue

Not able to update Windows 10 due to space problem. The C drive is SSD 64 GB only. All data files are on D drive HSD 500 GB. The update requires minimum 8GB space. Please help with how to extend C drive space or suggest any other remedy to solve this issue."

j_mahesh, Mar 2, 2020
  3. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Cannot update Windows 10 due to Free space

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Cannot update Windows 10 due to Free space

1. Cannot update Windows 10 due to Free space - Similar Threads - Cannot update due

2. Cannot free up computer space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot free up computer space: I am trying to solve a computer problem for someone else who cannot free up used space and only has 30 MB available out of 30 GB. Cannot see what is taking up the 30 GB of space. I have deleted files, cookies, browsing history and some apps. The only remaining apps are...
  3. Cannot free up computer space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot free up computer space: I am trying to solve a computer problem for someone else who cannot free up used space and only has 30 MB available out of 30 GB. Cannot see what is taking up the 30 GB of space. I have deleted files, cookies, browsing history and some apps. The only remaining apps are...
  4. Cannot free up computer space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Free Space for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free Space for Windows Update: I need to update my laptop, but can't due to lack of free storage space. It tells me to free up 8GB or insert an external storage device with 11GB free. I have tried a USB with 25GB available and a ssd with close to a TB, but it doesn't recognize it. It does show up in the...
  6. Free up the space for Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free up the space for Windows 10 update: Whenever I try to update windows 10 it give me error we can't install the latest windows 10 features and security improvements on your PC due to low disk space...
  7. Free up space for Windows 10 updates

Free up space for Windows 10 updates: I am trying to use external storage to allow updates to install. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4013876/windows-10-free-up-space-to-install-latest-feature-update Select Start > Settings > Update & Security . From the Windows update page, select Fix issues....
  8. freeing space for update

freeing space for update: When I try to remove my temporary files to free up space for the Microsoft update, I click on the button and it takes a couple seconds then it stops but no files are deleted. no space is freed up. I don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP ME!!...
  9. Free space in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Free space in windows 10: Hi, I need to free up space in the unit in windows 10 as I do some link or understandable steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-space-in-windows-10/85baaa22-56a0-4e6c-9abc-f2d89fb35cd9
  10. Free space for Windows Update

Free space for Windows Update: I have a stick PC attached to my lounge room TV with very limited space on the system disk, but I have installed an SD card to provide additional storage and I have moved as many programs over to it to free up C drive space. Why can I not use the SD card (treated as internal...