Windows 10: Cannot update Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3

Discus and support Cannot update Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Core Memory Isolation does not stay off after restart. I have tried editing the Registry, REG_DWORD to enforce Code Integrity did not helpUpdated TPM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gwoz, Oct 24, 2021.

1. gwoz Win User

Cannot update Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3

Core Memory Isolation does not stay off after restart. I have tried editing the Registry, REG_DWORD to enforce Code Integrity did not helpUpdated TPM too

:)

2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Pro 3 July 23rd 2015 updates

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 update history | Surface firmware updates

Brink, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 3 Firmware Updates - August 24, 2017

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 update history | Surface firmware updates

See also: Updates for Surface Pro 3 (24 Aug 2017) Surface

Surface Pro 3 firmware and driver package download link: Download Surface Pro 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot update Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3 - Similar Threads - Cannot update Surface

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. Cannot update Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3: Core Memory Isolation does not stay off after restart. I have tried editing the Registry, REG_DWORD to enforce Code Integrity did not helpUpdated TPM too...
  5. Cannot update Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3: Core Memory Isolation does not stay off after restart. I have tried editing the Registry, REG_DWORD to enforce Code Integrity did not helpUpdated TPM too...
  6. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  7. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 3: Is there a app to turn my Surface Pro into a phone? Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 3 / Install, update, and repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/surface-pro-3/3595d5eb-eefd-4427-81a5-68fc539fdff9
  8. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  9. Corrupted Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3: I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. It is running insider previews and this one is from July (so not the recent one that caused all the ruckus). Yesterday the computer randomly turned off and on restart I noticed that the CPU went to 100%, chrome wouldn't open (and...
  10. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3: Just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10. Now I have no network connections. The wireless drivers and the docking station drivers are all there. I have tried uninstall and reinstall the drivers for both Marvell and Surface ethernet adapter and still nothing....