Windows 10: Cannot update Windows, been almost a year (stuck on 1709)

Discus and support Cannot update Windows, been almost a year (stuck on 1709) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First post here, been googling for solutions for a long time but gave up until now. Basically I'm on 1709 trying to update to 1903, but I'm getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gwame, Apr 8, 2020.

1. /u/Gwame Win User

Cannot update Windows, been almost a year (stuck on 1709)

First post here, been googling for solutions for a long time but gave up until now. Basically I'm on 1709 trying to update to 1903, but I'm getting the "your current driver may be better" error when trying to run update.

I've tried changing the download folder via symlink, I've tried using third party software (Windows Update MiniTool), I've tried manually downloading the update MSI files, no avail.

It's extra frustrating now as I've recently purchased a new graphics card but cannot install the latest drivers for it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Gwame
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gwame, Apr 8, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Apr 8, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Cannot update Windows, been almost a year (stuck on 1709)

Cannot install Windows 10 update 1709

Hi Margaret,

We want to know more about the issue you're having with updating your PC to 1709. Please provide answers to the questions below:

• Are you having any errors when you're trying to update your PC? If you do, kindly send a screenshot.
    • Have you tried the suggested trouble shooting steps provided by Andre Da Costa?
    • What are the steps have you done so far?

Your response will highly be appreciated.

Robert Caw, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Cannot update Windows, been almost a year (stuck on 1709)

1. Cannot update Windows, been almost a year (stuck on 1709) - Similar Threads - Cannot update been

2. I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.: I've tried all the steps. the trouble shooter the sfc /scannow the softerware distrubtion deletion folder/ etc and even though it eventually goes away when a new windows update occurs I have to go through the whole process all over Its annoying. what can I do?...
  3. I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.: I've tried all the steps. the trouble shooter the sfc /scannow the softerware distrubtion deletion folder/ etc and even though it eventually goes away when a new windows update occurs I have to go through the whole process all over Its annoying. what can I do?...
  4. I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Have been stuck on Windows 1909 for the past 3 years. Cannot upgrade to Windows 22H2. Error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have been stuck on Windows 1909 for the past 3 years. Cannot upgrade to Windows 22H2. Error...: Since I installed Windows on my computer 3 years ago, I have not been able to update my Windows. I tried updating to Windows 2004 when that was new but it didn't work. I tried Windows 21H1 when it was new but it didn't work either. And now I am trying Windows 22H2 and it is...
  6. Have been stuck on Windows 1909 for the past 3 years. Cannot upgrade to Windows 22H2. Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have been stuck on Windows 1909 for the past 3 years. Cannot upgrade to Windows 22H2. Error...: Since I installed Windows on my computer 3 years ago, I have not been able to update my Windows. I tried updating to Windows 2004 when that was new but it didn't work. I tried Windows 21H1 when it was new but it didn't work either. And now I am trying Windows 22H2 and it is...
  7. Been stuck on Windows 10 Home 1803 for almost a year now

Been stuck on Windows 10 Home 1803 for almost a year now: This problem has been driving me absolutely crazy for almost a year now. My PC tells me that support for version 1803 has ran out since like November and wants me to update but my computer refuses to do so and says "Undoing changes made to your computer" in a black screen...
  8. Windows 10 stuck at 1709

Windows 10 stuck at 1709: Hi, I'm having an issue with a desktop stuck in 1709. Any further feature update simply won't install, without throwing any visible error. [ATTACH] I've tried different things already: 1. windows update "reset" workaround stop service, renaming files, restarting...
  9. Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years

Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years: Help please I'm on a GE72 Apache Pro. Every time I try to update, everything works can download and install it UNTIL it reboots. It gets stuck on the MSI logo. From there, the only thing I can do is restart the laptop with the power button, which undos the update and brings...
  10. Cant update windows, stuck on version 1709

Cant update windows, stuck on version 1709: So this is been happening for awhile but everytimei try to update my windows it freezes on abouy 75%, if i restart my pc it then continues and goes to about 82% then freezes again and just stops there. If I restart pc third tiem it reverts back to old install of files so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck on windows 1709