Windows 10: Cannot Update Windows on HP Laptop

Discus and support Cannot Update Windows on HP Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried updating with the update assistant. I am getting this error message. I was unable to copy a printscreen within this message What needs your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TabethaRoan, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Cannot Update Windows on HP Laptop

I tried updating with the update assistant. I am getting this error message. I was unable to copy a printscreen within this message

What needs your attention

HP Pavilion Notebook - BIOS needs to be upgraded before you can upgrade to Windows 10

Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10.

I go to apps to uninstall and it is not listed as an app. I'm not sure what to do from here. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

:)

TabethaRoan, Jul 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Melvis Win User
    Windows update cannot currently check for updates.

So I got this laptop thats running Windows 7 and has the dreaded "Windows update cannot currently check for updates" error and I have tried pretty much everything I can find on the net but still it wont start. Im pretty sure if I change a 1 to a 0 in the registry it will get it working but I cant remember where that is exactly to do that (Did it yrs ago)

If anyone could help or give ideas and links for me to try to get it to work that would be much appreciated.

I already have tried everything from this webpage > Solved: Windows update cannot currently check for updates in Windows 8, 7 or Vista - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

Cannot Update Windows on HP Laptop untitled-jpg.jpg

Melvis, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Cannot Update Windows on HP Laptop

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Update Windows on HP Laptop

1. Cannot Update Windows on HP Laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot Update Laptop

2. Failed update of Hp laptop to current Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed update of Hp laptop to current Windows: I brought this matter up weeks ago regarding a relative's PC and how it failed to update since May of this year. I received advice from the site and tried a ISO download/installation only to receive "0xC1900101- 0X20017, installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase during BOOT...
  3. Failed update of Hp laptop to current Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed update of Hp laptop to current Windows: I brought this matter up weeks ago regarding a relative's PC and how it failed to update since May of this year. I received advice from the site and tried a ISO download/installation only to receive "0xC1900101- 0X20017, installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase during BOOT...
  4. Failed update of Hp laptop to current Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot start my HP EliteBook laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot start my HP EliteBook laptop.: I have an HP Elitebook that will not turn on. The power button and the caps lock key continually blinks in unison on and off, but it will not go to boot. Any suggestions?...
  6. Laptop Cannot Connect to HP Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Cannot Connect to HP Printer: Keep getting error message 0x000007d1. This message occurs with any attempt to print regardless of document source word, email, etc.. Any solutions.. I have tried deleting all printer files from laptop and reloading from HP Website....
  7. Hp stream laptop not updating

Hp stream laptop not updating: we got two hp stream laptops. a 11 and a 14. the 14 is a newer version of windows 10 and the 11 is an older version of windows 10. I've treid updating both. I ran the windows update assistant on the 14 and the 11, and it says on the 14 that is has the latest update. but...
  8. Camera cannot be detected on HP Pavilion Laptop

Camera cannot be detected on HP Pavilion Laptop: Hello, my webcam is being a total pain. I haven't had my laptop long 2 months and the camera used to work perfectly fine. Now it says it cannot be detected. I've re-installed the driver incase it was that, tried updating the system. Restarted it many times. It doesn't even...
  9. Cannot sync iphone 5c to HP laptop

Cannot sync iphone 5c to HP laptop: I cannot sync iphone 5c to HP laptop with windows 10. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sync-iphone-5c-to-hp-laptop/f277f661-fff9-446a-b766-b3d607d01da5
  10. HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space

HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space: I cannot free up enough space on my HP stream to complete updates I have attached an external hard drive and still cannot free up enough space any suggestions?...