Windows 10: Cannot update windows on PC with 32 GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Discus and support Cannot update windows on PC with 32 GB SSD and 1TB HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot update windows on my PC with a 32GB boot SSD and a 1TB storage drive. I have been stuck without updates for a week since i updated my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Edward Farnworth, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Cannot update windows on PC with 32 GB SSD and 1TB HDD

I cannot update windows on my PC with a 32GB boot SSD and a 1TB storage drive. I have been stuck without updates for a week since i updated my laptop. Can anyone help me with a way to update using the 1TB HDD for update storage? Thanks in advance for any advice.

:)

Edward Farnworth, Apr 4, 2020
  2. davnav Win User

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Apr 4, 2020
  3. How to change Windows 10 OS from 500 Gb HDD to 1TB SSHD (hybrid driver)

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to move your Windows 10 OS from 500 Gb HDD to 1TB SSHD (hybrid driver).

I want to inform you that if you will move the OS from 500 Gb HDD to 1TB SSHD (hybrid driver) then there might be a chance that you will face activation issue. If you have the product key for Windows 10 then you may go ahead. Otherwise you might need to
    get in touch with the manufacturer for the confirmation of the same.

However, you may follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa in the thread mentioned below. Though the thread deals with Windows 8 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Moving Windows 8 to an SSD

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 4, 2020
  4. MeatBoi1 Win User

Cannot update windows on PC with 32 GB SSD and 1TB HDD

HDD and SSD issues

Hello I recently reinstalled Windows 10 via USB due to an annoying virus that wouldn't let me reset my pc or install updates. I picked my D drive (which is usually my SSD as I was thinking I’d get faster speeds so why not) to install the OS on and the
    install went fine but now the issue is my 1TB SSD drive is appearing as a HDD drive and my 128 GB HDD drive is appearing as a SSD. I downloaded a third party app to make sure it the problem wasn't on Windows end and it further confirmed that my HDD drive is
    now SSD and my SSD drive is now HDD. So now I have 1TB of HDD and 128GB of SSD and it should be the other way around. I never post on forums for help because I'm tech savvy enough to be able to use the internet to find solutions to my problems but this is
    the first time the internet had 0 answers for me. This is on a laptop by the way.

MeatBoi1, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Cannot update windows on PC with 32 GB SSD and 1TB HDD

1. Cannot update windows on PC with 32 GB SSD and 1TB HDD - Similar Threads - Cannot update SSD

2. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  3. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  4. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Migrating 1TB HDD to a 250GB SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating 1TB HDD to a 250GB SSD: I've got a 2TB C drive that I'm running at the moment. The thing takes ages to load up. I've also had a 250GB SSD sitting on my shelf for a while. The issue is that there is no boot partition on the old the HDD so the OS is just lumped in there with everything else....
  6. questions re swapping 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    questions re swapping 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD: I have a fairly new Dell 8900 and want to swap its 1TB HDD with a new Crucial 1TB SSD I plan to clone the existing HDD using Macrium7 to the new SSD, then remove the HDD and install the new SSD in its place. Would this work? Would the currently existing SATA cable work with...
  7. new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed: Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following. Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ? Next I need help on...
  8. Cannot format WD 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot format WD 1TB HDD: I bought a new WD 1TB HDD and was running install/format when I had a power outage. When power came back I could not format this drive. The drive shows in Device Manager but fails format there and every where I have tried. I used UBDC and have not been able to format in...
  9. Cloning 1TB hdd to 25GB ssd? Can it be done?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cloning 1TB hdd to 25GB ssd? Can it be done?: Hello first off yes I know 1TB is way bigger than 525Gb but my dell inspiron 3650 isn't even a month old yet and I have only used 178 Gb total from the HDD. So my question is should I still be able to clone the hdd with 178Gb used(includes hidde to the ssd which has 475Gb...
  10. Replace a 1TB HDD with a 250 GB SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace a 1TB HDD with a 250 GB SSD: HP p6716f Win10 HP (x64) desktop 1 TB hard drive (920 GB free) needs to be replaced. --- It appears to me there is only 80GB in use. Is that correct? I’d like to replace it with an SSD: I suspect 250 GB would be more than ample size. I've read that it isn't possible to...