Windows 10: Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10!

Discus and support Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey all, I'm new to the forums and came across here as I was searching for a fix for my issue I am having. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steff, May 11, 2016.

1. Steff Win User

Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10!

Hey all,

I'm new to the forums and came across here as I was searching for a fix for my issue I am having. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10, which I have done before on this machine but had to format my SSD and reinstall Win7. Now since doing that for the past 3-4 months I have been unable to upgrade to Windows 10 as it gets to around the 40% mark, reboots my machine and then goes into Automatic Repair. I have tried disabling the Malware protection thing as some people have suggested but still no avail. If anyone can offer me a solution I'll be very grateful *Smile

Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10! [​IMG]

Thank you for your time.

:)

Steff, May 11, 2016

2. MICROSOFT ONLY: Upgrading from Windows 7 TRIAL Edition to Free Windows 10

You cannot upgrade from a non-activated version of Windows 7 to the free copy of Windows 10. Windows 7 must be activated.

If you have a full version Windows 10 license, yes, you can upgrade from a non-activated version.

If you happen to be running a Windows 7 Enterprise 90 day trial, the answer is no, you cannot upgrade from such a trial.

Andre Da Costa, May 11, 2016
  3. Installing Windows 7 alongside Windows 10

Yes, but Windows 10 was installed from a Windows 8.1 upgrade.

The Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 has been removed. I will be redoing it, if possible.

You mean I cannot install that Windows 7 now? Please elaborate, thank you.

need7windows, May 11, 2016
  4. Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10!

When you had Windows 10 installed before, was it activated? Assuming it did, you can do a clean install of Windows 10...no previous OS necessary.

DeaconFrost, May 11, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, how much spare space do you have on your 120Gb SSD? Is there room for the other partitions Win 10 creates?

You might try unplugging your HDD while you upgrade. Make sure any AV or theme-changing mods or software are removed.

dalchina, May 11, 2016
  6. Steff Win User
    Hi, thank you for your responses. My Windows 10 was activated, I am upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. This happened before I even had a second drive (the HDD) and I have around 80GB free on my SDD. I attempted to upgrade straight for a fresh install of Windows 7 with no avail either (so had nothing installed at all).

Steff, May 11, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, May 11, 2016
  8. Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10!

In that case, I say back up your data, wipe the drive clean, and install Windows 10 directly.

DeaconFrost, May 11, 2016
  9. badrobot Win User
    If you already upgraded your 7 to 10, you don't need to install 7 first to get the 10 back. You can directly install Windows 10 and skip entering the product key.

badrobot, May 11, 2016
  10. Steff Win User
    Ah okay I never knew this! Thank you so much. I'll give it a shot soon and let you all know the result.

Steff, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10!

1. Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10! - Similar Threads - Cannot upgrade

2. Cannot Upgrade from 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Upgrade from 1809: I've tried upgrading from 1809 to 1903 and 1909, but no joy - the setip freezes during reboot and reverts. I'd done all the (obvious) checks recommended in this forum, but nothing works - where can I go from here? Many Thanks, P...
  3. after a repair to my lap top I cannot activate windows, windows 10 was afree upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    after a repair to my lap top I cannot activate windows, windows 10 was afree upgrade: after a repair I cannot activate windows,, Windows 10 was a free upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-repair-to-my-lap-top-i-cannot-activate/c4e05ee5-0074-4ace-ab9b-14b29722054f"
  4. I cannot upgrade from Windows 10 version 1809 to version 1903

I cannot upgrade from Windows 10 version 1809 to version 1903: Hello, I am having a ton of problems upgrading from Windows 10 version 1809 to version 1903. Here is a link to a folder in my Google Drive containing the log files from my latest attempt using an ISO file:...
  5. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 1903

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 1903: Split from this thread. reply to Summit , windows MVP Hello, I have the same error 0xc1900101-0x30018, have tried ALL suggested solutions, update drivers, ISO file from USB, microsoft update assistant, etc... I have attached links to OneDrive Panther and Rollback files...
  6. Printer cannot be used since upgrading to latest Windows Version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer cannot be used since upgrading to latest Windows Version: Since the latest Windows update, we've lost the printer. Its an older EPSON WORKFORCE 520. Even with the installation CD, it runs upto installing the drivers, then fails. No matter if the printer is cabled or WiFi, the windows printers setup cannot find the printer....
  7. Cannot upgrade windows 10 from 1803 to 1903

Cannot upgrade windows 10 from 1803 to 1903: Hello, My upgrade stalls at 60% or there abouts, but completes after I reboot the computer. I get all the way to: "Hi we are installing updates, this will take a while" etc. When this process is finished, I am left with a blank dark screen. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete is the...
  8. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 1903 Upgrade - Event Viewer Cannot Read Log File - No...

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 1903 Upgrade - Event Viewer Cannot Read Log File - No...: This week we upgraded a standalone offline laptop form Windows 7 Pro OS to Windows 10 Pro 1903. Following the upgrade, the Event Viewer Cannot Read event Log Files - error 1338 No security descriptor. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so how to resolve? Thanks...
  9. Windows 10 won't update, can't run standalone upgrade, SFC found corrupt files but cannot fix

Windows 10 won't update, can't run standalone upgrade, SFC found corrupt files but cannot fix: Hey all, My W10 installation has been struggling to install W10 Update version 1903. Failed to install 0xc1900101 Based on some similar threads I've followed on this problem, some recommended doing the W10 standalone install to reinstall windows while maintaining my apps &...
  10. Cannot upgrade Windows from 1803 to 1903, many failed attempts.

Cannot upgrade Windows from 1803 to 1903, many failed attempts.: I have been trying to upgrade Windows Home 1803 to 1903 for a few weeks now, and must have attempted the install at least 15 times. I have had the machine halt on boot due to CPU overheating, numerous blue screens and system hangs. I have had it stuck in a loop of reboot -...