Windows 10: Cannot Upgrade Multiple PCs in our Org from 1909 to 2009

Discus and support Cannot Upgrade Multiple PCs in our Org from 1909 to 2009 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm new to MS forums, was directed here by a Microsoft Rep but they only cover O365 troubleshooting and said someone might be able to help on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ConnorS68, Dec 4, 2020.

1. ConnorS68 Win User

Cannot Upgrade Multiple PCs in our Org from 1909 to 2009

Hi there, I'm new to MS forums, was directed here by a Microsoft Rep but they only cover O365 troubleshooting and said someone might be able to help on here.

So we have seen a lot of computers in our Domain give the same error when we try running updates from either Windows Update Assistant or Windows Media Creation Tool. The reason we cannot use the native Windows Update settings UI is because it will only say "The may 2020 update is coming soon" and checking for updates will tell you you're up-to-date.

Here is the error message we receive:

Cannot Upgrade Multiple PCs in our Org from 1909 to 2009 84a09a58-c54c-4b08-a2d4-02abbfce4f86?upload=true.png

And here is what we've already tried without success:

• dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • sfc /scannow
    • rename built-in admin account to default
    • GPU updates through Gefore Experience
    • System Firmware update from 1.7 to 1.8.1
    • Windows Update Troubleshooter
    • net start bits, and net start appidsvc before updating
    • Ccleaner to clean registry
    • Dell SupportAssist for all updates/computer scan
    • Run the updater while logged into computer\Administrator

I appreciate any suggestions and will try my best to promptly give feedback on any solutions. Thank you!

:)

ConnorS68, Dec 4, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Dec 4, 2020
  3. How to install exchange 2016 into exchange 2010 org

i installed 2016 into 2010 exchange org. but im looking for full step by step guide. i need to move roles? publuic folders, certs, etc. i keep seeing instructions on install and i did that and i have it in 2010 org but i know theres a ton of other steps
    to complete it. after i comeplete install i need to get rid of 2010 exchange.

Andrew Wojtowicz, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Cannot Upgrade Multiple PCs in our Org from 1909 to 2009

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Upgrade Multiple PCs in our Org from 1909 to 2009

1. Cannot Upgrade Multiple PCs in our Org from 1909 to 2009 - Similar Threads - Cannot Upgrade Multiple

2. Multiple Home PCs - Upgrading Concerns

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple Home PCs - Upgrading Concerns: Here's my issue. I have 2 xbox, and 3 gaming PC, and two previous PCs that I reformatted the hard drives on I realize now that was a mistake before getting the license codes one was a Win10PRO and one was a Win10HOME and throwing away the PCs. I have 1 active PC...
  3. Is going from 1909 straight to 2009 dsngerous?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is going from 1909 straight to 2009 dsngerous?: My settings shows win 10 is up to date but windows update assistant shows i need to update to 2009. i am running 1909. now in all the sites i see 2009 update is done from 2004. so if i update directly from 1909 to 2009, will the system break or something? should i not...
  4. Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 1909 to 2009

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 1909 to 2009: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 and having some issues. First of all Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update doesn't find a new version when checking for updates, even though 2004 and 2009 versions are already out. So I'm using Windows 10 Update Assistant to...
  5. Cannot upgrade windows 10 from 1909 to 2004

Cannot upgrade windows 10 from 1909 to 2004: I am trying to install the windows update to go from 1909 to 2004. When installing through settings i am stuck at 61% and get the errors of 0xc1900104 and 0xc1900130. When installing through the MCT i am stuck at 31% and do not get any errors. I have removed all non essential...
  6. Help Upgrading from 1709 (PRO) to 1909 - Multiple Failures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Upgrading from 1709 (PRO) to 1909 - Multiple Failures: I have a laptop and have checked and confirmed physical configurations and drivers for fitness. I have tried multiple online attempts to upgrade with no success, always fails on the installation about the third reboot and about 48% in. I downloaded the upgrade manager and...
  7. Inplace Upgrade from 1803 to 1909 repeatedly fails with Rollback on multiple PCs

Inplace Upgrade from 1803 to 1909 repeatedly fails with Rollback on multiple PCs: Hello, I am currently trying to upgrade multiple devices from Windows 10 1803 to 1909. I have already done that on some and it worked and now after some weeks it doesnt work at all on any pc. I have uninstalled the antivirus system and .NET Framework before doing the...
  8. Inplace Upgrade from 1803 to 1909 fails on multiple PCs

Inplace Upgrade from 1803 to 1909 fails on multiple PCs: Hello, I am currently trying to upgrade multiple devices from Windows 10 1803 to 1909. I have already done that on some and it worked and now after some weeks it doesnt work at all on any pc. I have uninstalled the antivirus system and .NET Framework before doing the...
  9. Cannot upgrade 1709 -> 1909

Cannot upgrade 1709 -> 1909: I have a pretty stable Win10 installation that works without any real issue. Decided to upgrade to the latest version since it is needed for some application. However, there is a problem during upgrade process - after first reboot when progress is still at 0% PC suddenly...
  10. Upgrade multiple pcs from dvd or other media

Upgrade multiple pcs from dvd or other media: How can I update Windows 10 PCs that are not connected to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-multiple-pcs-from-dvd-or-other-media/7be4d599-0bb5-4514-8f64-7dd76f422bfc