Windows 10: Cannot upgrade to windows 10 because of GPU.

Discus and support Cannot upgrade to windows 10 because of GPU. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All, So I am currently running into the problem of trying to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 but I keep getting a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZachS5, Feb 3, 2019.

1. ZachS5 Win User

Cannot upgrade to windows 10 because of GPU.

Hello All,
    So I am currently running into the problem of trying to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 but I keep getting a message that says my graphics card is not compatible with windows 10. I have a PNY GeForce 1060 on a GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI. I just updated the drivers on the GPU for windows 8.1 thinking that would help, but the problem is still there. Any help would be awesome. If there is anything else that you would need to know I will gladly tell you! Thanks in advance.

:)

ZachS5, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot upgrade to windows 10 because of GPU. - Similar Threads - Cannot upgrade GPU

2. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 because some installed programs are not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 because some installed programs are not...: I am still on Windows 7. I now tried to upgrade to Windows 10 using the boot medium the Media Creation Tool created on my flash drive. I started the setup.exe and a few prompts later I got a screen "What needs your attention". This prompt tells me that I have to uninstall...
  3. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 because some installed programs are not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 because some installed programs are not...: I am still on Windows 7. I now tried to upgrade to Windows 10 using the boot medium the Media Creation Tool created on my flash drive. I started the setup.exe and a few prompts later I got a screen "What needs your attention". This prompt tells me that I have to uninstall...
  4. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 because some installed programs are not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot update to Windows 10 20H2 because of a faulty discretededicated gpu dGPU on my laptop.

Cannot update to Windows 10 20H2 because of a faulty discretededicated gpu dGPU on my laptop.: Hello all, I am using Win10 1909 on my toshiba laptop which have 2 gpus, iGPU Intel and dGPUAMD Radeon R9 M265x. Last year I have noticed that dGPU is malfunctioning and causes freezes after boot. I disabled dGPU form device manager and continue to use my laptop without...
  6. GPU Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Upgrade: Hi I have a ASUS P8B75-M LX PLUS motherboard and was looking for a decent gpu to compensate my upgrade as i currently have a gt 630 wich one would you reccomend pls my specs are: Intel Core I7 3770 CPU 3.40Ghz NVIDIA GT630 8192 MB RAM...
  7. Upgrade On GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade On GPU: Hi, I have a HP Envy x360 and I'm wondering if I can get an upgrade on my GPU from an MX250 to something more powerful? If so what GPU can I get for my Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-on-gpu/f2386e96-6869-489f-8005-5c9363d9fe00
  8. Cannot change GPU option Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change GPU option Windows 10: I have a 1070 card and a 970 GTX card installed. I need two graphics cards to accommodate my 4k displays without issues with applications, but cannot afford two 1070 cards so I'm using my prior graphics card with my current one. For some reason Windows 10 recognizes the...
  9. Cannot upgrade windows 10

Cannot upgrade windows 10: Hi I cannot upgrade to windows 10 0919. See attached.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-upgrade-windows-10/d62ab07f-80a6-4c92-b6c0-104fcad1d41b
  10. GPU upgrade and Windows 10 activation

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU upgrade and Windows 10 activation: I'll be upgrading my graphics card in a few weeks to a Pascal GTX 1070 from my current card. I upgraded to Windows 10 last August and before I increase my budget in my efforts to get a reference style card, I need to know how well other people's systems have gone with the...