Windows 10: Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I currently have Windows 10 Home. This morning I purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the store. When it tried to install I got the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GregFerguson5, May 16, 2021.

1. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

I currently have Windows 10 Home. This morning I purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the store. When it tried to install I got the error code 0x80070005 initially. When I checked in the Activation page it showed the error code 0xC004F034 and said that my Windows 10 Home was not currently activated. So I grabbed my installation disk and re-entered the product key for my Windows 10 Home edition. That cleared the errors.Now when I go to my Activation page in settings and click on "Go to Store" under "Upgrade your edition of Windows", the store comes up and gives me the install button.

:)

GregFerguson5, May 16, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 16, 2021
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 16, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

1. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Cannot upgrade Pro

2. cannot upgrade my windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot upgrade my windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro: when i try to open windows setup it says that "windows setup cannot start due to missing installation files" how to i fix this problem? i tried to fix it from troubleshoot but it still dosnt work,...
  3. cannot upgrade my windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot upgrade my windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro: when i try to open windows setup it says that "windows setup cannot start due to missing installation files" how to i fix this problem? i tried to fix it from troubleshoot but it still dosnt work,...
  4. Cannot Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro: Hi I am getting error 0x80070490 when trying to upgrade to windows 11 Pro. I got the same error while being in windows 10 before upgrading to windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-upgrade-to-windows-11-pro/3dc9663f-be3b-4e3f-a89f-21582ae09e5d
  5. Cannot Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro: Hi I am getting error 0x80070490 when trying to upgrade to windows 11 Pro. I got the same error while being in windows 10 before upgrading to windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-upgrade-to-windows-11-pro/3dc9663f-be3b-4e3f-a89f-21582ae09e5d
  6. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 pro after doing a clean install of Windows 10. After installing Activation shows that Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account. I then enter the key to do the upgrade. get msg Unable to upgrade your...
  7. Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store on my computer. I was charged for the order but no Product Key came with the order, which seemed odd. I can see the paid receipt in my order history, but cannot activate Windows. It keeps...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - Cannot activate

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - Cannot activate: Hi, I purchased window 10 pro on the Microsoft store for one of the laptops in our small business. The installation ran fine but I was unable to activate despite troubleshooting / following online guides etc. When I checked the windows version it is representing as windows...
  9. Windows Pro Upgrade cannot activate

Windows Pro Upgrade cannot activate: I originally bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft website. Today I bought the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro via the Activation setting. After the restart I went to the Activation setting to make sure all was ok. However, it now says I have the Windows Enterprise Edition...
  10. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1809: Hi guys, I have an interesting problem.When trying to install Windows 10 pro 64 bit 1809 i get a error that it could not update some system components with the error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 Does this error code mean i need to get updated drivers for 1 of my components?...