Windows 10: Cannot Upgrade to Windows 11 through Windows Update or Installation Media

Discus and support Cannot Upgrade to Windows 11 through Windows Update or Installation Media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I heard about the new windows 11 upgrade so I decided to try it myself.My PC is fairly new and supports all the minimum requirements.My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by An Expert Windows User, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Cannot Upgrade to Windows 11 through Windows Update or Installation Media

Hi everyone,I heard about the new windows 11 upgrade so I decided to try it myself.My PC is fairly new and supports all the minimum requirements.My problem is that i cannot seem to install or download the necessary files required.In Windows Update, it shows the following message:Some update files are missing. We'll try to download the update again later.When using setup.exe from an ISO file it gets stuck at installing Windows 11...67% completeI tried every single solution I could findclearing cache, regenerating catroot2 and SoftwareDistribution folders, restarting wuauserv service etc. but

:)

An Expert Windows User, Aug 28, 2021
  2. Hockster Win User

Windows 7 update help needed

Language packs should be listed in the optional updates section of Windows Update.

As for installing Win 7, it should merely ask for the qualifying media to be inserted to the dvd drive. That's what XP upgrade install discs did when there wasn't a previous OS installed.

Hockster, Aug 28, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 28, 2021
  4. Cannot Upgrade to Windows 11 through Windows Update or Installation Media

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Aug 28, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Upgrade to Windows 11 through Windows Update or Installation Media

1. Cannot Upgrade to Windows 11 through Windows Update or Installation Media - Similar Threads - Cannot Upgrade through

2. cannot instal media creation tool to upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot instal media creation tool to upgrade to windows 10: Hi all,i am having real issues trying to upgrade my samsung laptop to windows 10,i am currently running windows 7,i am getting very conflicting views on wether the windows 10 upgrade is still free,? is it free i ask myself,as every time i try to run the media creation tool,i...
  3. cannot instal media creation tool to upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot instal media creation tool to upgrade to windows 10: Hi all,i am having real issues trying to upgrade my samsung laptop to windows 10,i am currently running windows 7,i am getting very conflicting views on wether the windows 10 upgrade is still free,? is it free i ask myself,as every time i try to run the media creation tool,i...
  4. cannot instal media creation tool to upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installing Windows 11 through Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 11 through Windows update: I'm trying to upgrade my Windows to Windows 11 through Windows update but after downloading the installing process finishes until 100% and there is nothing happen and return to the download and install page of Windows update. I have been attempted 5 times, but it's...
  6. Installing Windows 11 through Windows update

Installing Windows 11 through Windows update: I'm trying to upgrade my Windows to Windows 11 through Windows update but after downloading the installing process finishes until 100% and there is nothing happen and return to the download and install page of Windows update. I have been attempted 5 times, but it's...
  7. Should I upgrade to windows 11 manually or upgrade to Windows 11 through windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I upgrade to windows 11 manually or upgrade to Windows 11 through windows update: HI I was wondering if I could ask some questions about windows 11. I clurrently have windows 10 home edition on my new dell 2N1 laptop. I was wondering if I should download windows 11 home to my new laptop or wait for a while. I did download the windows 11 pc health checkup...
  8. Should I upgrade to windows 11 manually or upgrade to Windows 11 through windows update

Should I upgrade to windows 11 manually or upgrade to Windows 11 through windows update: HI I was wondering if I could ask some questions about windows 11. I clurrently have windows 10 home edition on my new dell 2N1 laptop. I was wondering if I should download windows 11 home to my new laptop or wait for a while. I did download the windows 11 pc health checkup...
  9. Resetting Windows through installation media device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Resetting Windows through installation media device: Hello everyone! Will i lose my licence of windows activation if i reinstall my windows by using installation deviceUSB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-windows-through-installation-media/b3c466f2-c71a-413d-83b3-edfc882e4a2e
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade through Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade through Media Creation Tool: How long does it take to check for updates on the Media Creation tool for Windows 10? I am upgrading from 7. This same computer has been having issues with Windows Update and Internet Explorer. Can someone please assist me with this? 56264