Windows 10: Cannot upload files to the web from Windows 10 v1809 & 1903

Discus and support Cannot upload files to the web from Windows 10 v1809 & 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Our business requires us to upload PDF files to vendors sites on a regular basis. Everything has worked fine with Windows 10 up through version 1803.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M-Pete, Jul 16, 2019.

1. M-Pete Win User

Cannot upload files to the web from Windows 10 v1809 & 1903

Our business requires us to upload PDF files to vendors sites on a regular basis. Everything has worked fine with Windows 10 up through version 1803. Upon upgrading to version 1809 and now tested under version 1903 this process fails with out any error messaging.

1) This is not a general network / Firewall issue since staff under version 1803 still work just fine.

2) Have attempted to address / test file size - no change - fails

3) Attempted to move files to the local system to avoid any potential rights or performance issues (not an issue under 1803) and still fails.

4) Attempted this process with all Browsers (IE | Edge | Chrome | Firefox) and get the same result - fails

This is becoming a pain point since system are attempting to update to the current release and delays are only valid for so long. I have searched the web with nothing tying out to current release and no noted resolution to others back a few years ago, baring people attempting upload open files. This is not the case here.

Could really use some help with this issue

:)

M-Pete, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot upload files to the web from Windows 10 v1809 & 1903 - Similar Threads - Cannot upload files

2. BSOD while uploading files or browsing web

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while uploading files or browsing web: Hello,Troubleshooting a new build with fresh drivers but one seems to be misbehaving nonetheless. Crashed a few times while trying to upload and/or watch some videos.I have tried Driver Verifier and will include the dump it produced. It didn't exactly pinpoint the driver...
  3. BSOD while uploading files or browsing web

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while uploading files or browsing web: Hello,Troubleshooting a new build with fresh drivers but one seems to be misbehaving nonetheless. Crashed a few times while trying to upload and/or watch some videos.I have tried Driver Verifier and will include the dump it produced. It didn't exactly pinpoint the driver...
  4. BSOD while uploading files or browsing web

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot Upload - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Upload - Windows 10: Hello,At a loss trying to solve an issue on my Windows 10 PC and have consulted multiple IT-oriented friends at this point. I'm desperate.I am basically unable to upload files of any size, to any website, or cloud service. There are also intermittent time-out issues on...
  6. Cannot Upload - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Upload - Windows 10: Hello,At a loss trying to solve an issue on my Windows 10 PC and have consulted multiple IT-oriented friends at this point. I'm desperate.I am basically unable to upload files of any size, to any website, or cloud service. There are also intermittent time-out issues on...
  7. Cannot Upload - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Cannot upload files on windows 19041.450

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot upload files on windows 19041.450: I've been trying to upload two simple files, with .pdf text documents. The file sizes are bout 0.25 mb and 0.43 mb, so they're not exactly huge files. I've also tried to upload photos to other sites that I used to be able to upload to and the gears grind and grind and grind...
  9. Windows 10 1903 Search Box Cannot Access Web Search.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1903 Search Box Cannot Access Web Search.: Is web search in Win 10 Search Box permanently disabled? I have the 1903 version and the Search Box cannot do web search no matter what i do. Does anyone have the same issue? By the way, there isn't an "Enable" or "Disable" option for Web search under Search or Cortana. 135829
  10. Cannot access file metadata from Windows v1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access file metadata from Windows v1809: This is a bit of a head scratcher. I am migrating from one PC to the other, both using Windows 10, but different builds. My problem is that I cannot access some of the file metadata from Windows v1809 (the new computer). A complicated process that I run weekly relies on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot upload files from windows 10