Windows 10: Cannot use 1Gbps Internet

Discus and support Cannot use 1Gbps Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded to a new 1Gbps internet plan and I only get 100Mbps download speed. Changing the speed in Speed & Duplex to 1 Gbps removes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StefanMeirosu, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Cannot use 1Gbps Internet

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a new 1Gbps internet plan and I only get 100Mbps download speed. Changing the speed in Speed & Duplex to 1 Gbps removes the network and I just get the No Internet icon. I tried buying a new cable and when I directly connected my PC to the router with it the speed in Ethernet Status changed to 1.0 Gbps and the Network sometimes says that it's connected and sometimes it shows No Internet but it still doesn't even work when it says connected. Any help is appreciated because I currently have no other ideas at all, thanks.

:)

StefanMeirosu, Dec 18, 2019

2. 1Gbps Internet Connection - Windows 10 Pro

I am on windows 10 pro which shows 1Gbps network connection. Recently I subscribe to internet provider of speed 1Gbps.

When I do speedtest, I am only able to achieve 550download & 570upload. The service provider send their technician to check and using windows 8 or Mac OS, they are able to achieve 750 download & 800 upload. This prove nothing wrong with the bandwith.

I am testing using direct cable connection.

Question is any internet speed control by windows 10 pro or any other place that I should be looking at. IT is a pain when you paid for 1000mbps but getting only less than 60%

JackSlayer, Dec 18, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Korea to Get 1Gbps Internet Access by 2012

Imagine internet connectivity at 1Gbps, speeds at which a 120 minute SD film gets downloaded in 12 seconds! The Korea Communications Commission is reportedly spending $22 Billion in upgrading its telecommunications infrastructure that facilitates public internet connections with such extremely high bandwidth as 1Gbps for fixed-lines and up to 10 Mbps for wireless connections. Korea plans to to operationalise this by the year 2012, starting with urban centres, mainly large cities with relatively affluent populations. Other places in the country will still get internet access at speeds of up to 100 Mbps.

Source: Far East Gizmos

btarunr, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Cannot use 1Gbps Internet

Intel LAN Driver not handling 1GBps

So i figured out that the driver software itself handles the Network Speed of the card. So as i recently had the problem with the speed going all the way down to 10MBps, i found in the driver settings it can auto regulate between that. I then set it to 1GBps, but it doesnt seem to accept it and instead it cancels my internet connection, while 100MBps Full Duplex works just fine, what is wrong?

Here two screenshots:
    1GBps without internet:
    Cannot use 1Gbps Internet [​IMG]

100MBps with internet:
    Cannot use 1Gbps Internet [​IMG]

Thanks for the help in advance Cannot use 1Gbps Internet :)

yanniclord, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Cannot use 1Gbps Internet

1. Cannot use 1Gbps Internet - Similar Threads - Cannot 1Gbps Internet

2. download speed limited to 10mbps while using 1gbps ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speed limited to 10mbps while using 1gbps ethernet cable: hello i have bought a brand new ethernet cable and connected it from my router to my computer. it doesnt change anything. when i go check in control panel it says it has 1gbps, usually i have 100mbps. whatever i am doing i always end up with around 10 mbps download speed. i...
  3. download speed limited to 10mbps while using 1gbps ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download speed limited to 10mbps while using 1gbps ethernet cable: hello i have bought a brand new ethernet cable and connected it from my router to my computer. it doesnt change anything. when i go check in control panel it says it has 1gbps, usually i have 100mbps. whatever i am doing i always end up with around 10 mbps download speed. i...
  4. 1Gbps internet problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1Gbps internet problem: I have a small problem with the Internet in Windows. A few days ago I upgraded my Internet from 300mbps to 1gbps, after installing the new router, I had Internet speeds of 900 download and 40 upload, I called my provider, and they told me that they do not block any limit or...
  5. 1Gbps internet problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1Gbps internet problem: I have a small problem with the Internet in Windows. A few days ago I upgraded my Internet from 300mbps to 1gbps, after installing the new router, I had Internet speeds of 900 download and 40 upload, I called my provider, and they told me that they do not block any limit or...
  6. Internetspeed is 100/100Mbits instead of 1Gbps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internetspeed is 100/100Mbits instead of 1Gbps: Hi i have a problem so recently we got an 1Gbps Internet with a new router and things everything fineBut when i connect my 600Mbps TP-LINK Powerline Adapters it only says 100/100Mbps instead of 1Gbits in the Windows Network Settings.the LAN Cable and the Adapters are fine.can...
  7. cannot access to network & Internet, cannot use setting panel at all

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot access to network & Internet, cannot use setting panel at all: cannot connect to internet; cannot use use printer, cannot access to upgrade & security , etc., after the system window 10 upgraded six days ago; can load setting panel. but it does not function properly, i.e., cannot open up aforementioned function panel, after it...
  8. Cannot connect to phone internet using bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect to phone internet using bluetooth: I got an error when trying to connect my computer running Windows 10 to the mobile Tecno wx3p using bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-phone-internet-using-bluetooth/1c7d3385-aefa-43a2-b701-79f8bb103cc8
  9. Windows 10 limiting internet connection speed to 450Mbps for a 1Gbps internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 limiting internet connection speed to 450Mbps for a 1Gbps internet: Hi .. I have Google Fiber and the connection speed is 1 GBPS. In the same computer, using Ubuntu Linux, I get 930Mbps for download. However, windows 10 tops out at 450Mbps. I have a Asrock X99 Extreme4 motherboard and Xeon cpu. I need help to resolve the connection...
  10. Intel LAN Driver not handling 1GBps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel LAN Driver not handling 1GBps: So i figured out that the driver software itself handles the Network Speed of the card. So as i recently had the problem with the speed going all the way down to 10MBps, i found in the driver settings it can auto regulate between that. I then set it to 1GBps, but it doesnt...