Windows 10: cannot use a new cd in windows 10

Discus and support cannot use a new cd in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I use a new cd in Windows 10? When I try, I get message saying to format - when trying to "format", I get message saying unable to & the cd is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoyKellner, Jan 16, 2020.

1. cannot use a new cd in windows 10

How do I use a new cd in Windows 10? When I try, I get message saying to format - when trying to "format", I get message saying unable to & the cd is ejected.

:)

JoyKellner, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2020
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Jan 16, 2020
  4. cannot use a new cd in windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

cannot use a new cd in windows 10

1. cannot use a new cd in windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot

2. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11: Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of renaming them. Now the download folder is not opening even after restart and goes into 'not responding' mode. The files being...
  3. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11: Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of renaming them. Now the download folder is not opening even after restart and goes into 'not responding' mode. The files being...
  4. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot set different wallpaper for my desktops in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot set different wallpaper for my desktops in windows 11.: I want to set different background for all the desktops that are open in my windows but changing the background of one is resulting in change of background of all the desktops.Also the "right click" method on the picture is not working as it is not applying.Please help me...
  6. I cannot set different wallpaper for my desktops in windows 11.

I cannot set different wallpaper for my desktops in windows 11.: I want to set different background for all the desktops that are open in my windows but changing the background of one is resulting in change of background of all the desktops.Also the "right click" method on the picture is not working as it is not applying.Please help me...
  7. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  8. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  9. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  10. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...