Windows 10: Cannot use: Enable_open_news_and_interests_on_hover.reg

Discus and support Cannot use: Enable_open_news_and_interests_on_hover.reg in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Within the past two weeks the News and Interests button became active on my computer. It might have come with a recent upgrade file. I noticed that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tek360, Jun 8, 2021.

1. tek360 Win User

Cannot use: Enable_open_news_and_interests_on_hover.reg

Within the past two weeks the News and Interests button became active on my computer. It might have come with a recent upgrade file. I noticed that I could hover on it and I'd see news and weather. Today I notice it is only a banner on my taskbar and I am not sure it's updating or dead or what. When I right click and bring up the task bar menu there is no "open on hover" option. I went to look for how to fix this and tried to download the file you see in the question field but my computer tells me not to download it because it could damage my computer. I am not a whiz with WIN10. This is not Win98 or 7 which I could get around quite easily. Too many things are hidden and I don't know how to work in the system. Thanks for your help with this. Win Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985)

:)

tek360, Jun 8, 2021

2. Adapting .REG Files.

Thanks KeithM for the suggestions.

I will have a go at that later!

I assume that I can add the completed working menu to ALL 7 sections that you have listed to make it available wherever I am in the OS, is that correct please?

Thanks in advance.

Paul Black, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Reg. Cleaner

Anyone suggest the best reg cleaner software?????

Ben Daniels, Jun 8, 2021
  4. KeithM Win User

.reg = ?

Have you ever merged a .reg file?

KeithM, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot use: Enable_open_news_and_interests_on_hover.reg - Similar Threads - Cannot Enable_open_news_and_interests_on_hover reg

2. Encrypting files using cmd promt reg....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypting files using cmd promt reg....: Hi everyone, I have a problem on windows. One month ago, i encrypted my files using cmd prompt, but i forgottenly changed my OS into windows 8. Previously i have a windows 7 OS. I dont know we have to decrypt the files before changing the OS. But right now my files are...
  3. Encrypting files using cmd promt reg....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encrypting files using cmd promt reg....: Hi everyone, I have a problem on windows. One month ago, i encrypted my files using cmd prompt, but i forgottenly changed my OS into windows 8. Previously i have a windows 7 OS. I dont know we have to decrypt the files before changing the OS. But right now my files are...
  4. Could not use bash command in the powershell -Reg.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could not use bash command in the powershell -Reg.: Hi, I would like to install a Perl script-based CIRCOS software for windows 10. But I could not use bash command for installation. I am getting an error when using the command "bash test.modules" Command prompt: 'bash' is not recognized as an internal or external command,...
  5. reg listing

in Windows 10 Customization
    reg listing: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe What is this line in the registry What is its purpose and Why Can I not delete the entry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reg-listing/a627bfd2-59c2-4c16-9fda-cb8e89aeecf7
  6. REG Import

in Windows 10 Support
    REG Import: Good afternoon, I am putting a Batch file together that involves exporting and importing the Registry. However, I have a question. I am only posting the relevant parts of the code instead of the whole code. To export the Registry I am using . . . Code: for %%a in (HKLM HKCU...
  7. Reg using multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reg using multiple monitors: hello guys, so I am attending classes, on my windows laptop, we use MS teams for the classroom interface, but sometimes the classes do get boring, and I want to work on few other projects that would be like a better use of my time. I have a usb c external monitor, which I...
  8. Cannot remove Personalizaion by reg key

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot remove Personalizaion by reg key: Hello everybody, I have a problem with a reg key in our forum. I've used that reg key to enable "Personalization (classic) 32 bit" in Control Panel, but I cannot remove it even though I used the remove reg key the number of times. It doesn't work, the "Personalization...
  9. Reg. Cleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reg. Cleaner: Anyone suggest the best reg cleaner software????? 88825
  10. Cannot import .reg. Error opening the file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot import .reg. Error opening the file.: ...There may be a disk or file system error. Happens when double-clicking reg-file on the NAS-share, which is mapped as a network drive. User is a user with admin rights (membership of Administrators group), and it is the first and only user that was created while W10 was...