Windows 10: Cannot use headphones and microphone at the same time

Discus and support Cannot use headphones and microphone at the same time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, on my windows 10 computer, anytime I try to use my microphone, my audio immediately cuts out. I've fiddled with the sound control panel tons, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LoflinB, Oct 24, 2020.

1. LoflinB Win User

Cannot use headphones and microphone at the same time

Hi, on my windows 10 computer, anytime I try to use my microphone, my audio immediately cuts out. I've fiddled with the sound control panel tons, but nothing seems to work. It happens no matter what kind of headphones I'm using also, so I'm really not sure what to do. I've looked around, but haven't been able to find any solutions that work for me, and this problem is really frustrating anytime I want to play a game and talk with others while playing. Please let me know if anyone has an idea as to what might fix this, it would be greatly appreciated!

:)

LoflinB, Oct 24, 2020
  2. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Cannot use headphones and microphone at the same time [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Salvyar Win User
    Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Oct 24, 2020
  4. sergO3 Win User

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

ed.

sergO3, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot use headphones and microphone at the same time - Similar Threads - Cannot headphones microphone

2. Headphones not able to use microphone and playback audio at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not able to use microphone and playback audio at the same time: I have been struggling with getting my headphones microphone and audio playback to work at the same time e.g. in a discord I can hear the others or I can talk to the others, not both at the same time. I have this issue with my Bose QC35ii headphones as well as my Beats Studio...
  3. Bluetooth microphone and headphone won't work at the same time on Discord

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth microphone and headphone won't work at the same time on Discord: I've been on discord for a while now. The first time I tried to talk with my Bluetooth headset was also the very first time I experienced troubles with hearing/talking. In case for me to hear people on discord, I have to put the output to my speakers, but if I keep it as my...
  4. Can't Use USB Microphone and Webcam at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Use USB Microphone and Webcam at the same time.: I'm trying to use a webcam to record video of myself, but my webcam doesn't have good sound quality. I have a separate microphone for audio recording, however when I plug it in the camera freezes and stops working in any apps that I have, says that media capture failed on...
  5. Is it possible to use as Headphones & Headset at same time?

Is it possible to use as Headphones & Headset at same time?: I have tried to use the Surface Headphones for use in voip program while listening to video in the background. The call is a general voice call that is always on, but I have found that when the mic is on with the surface headphones only the headset channel works. Is this as...
  6. Windows 10 - Use speakers and headphones at the same time

Windows 10 - Use speakers and headphones at the same time: Is there a way to have both speakers and headphones active at the same time? Have a Dell Alienware. Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Bose Computer Monitor Speakers & Beoplay H4, Bluetooth, headphones. All drivers, from what I can see, are the latest. Problem: I can have either...
  7. Headphones microphone is not being used.

Headphones microphone is not being used.: I had selected for my computer to "not ask again" by accident to not use the microphone and I want for my computer to have the option of using the headphones microphone. I don't see it pop up when I plug it in anymore and I have looked up various ways to undo this but only to...
  8. JBL Tune 500BT Headphones the microphone from the headphones and headphones at the same...

JBL Tune 500BT Headphones the microphone from the headphones and headphones at the same...: Hello. I have JBL Tune 500BT headphones. As they are BT headphones, I would like to use them anywhere in the room, but here I encounter a problem. When I set as the default setting the microphone from headphones and headphones as the sound source, then I stop suddenly hearing...
  9. Using headphones and speakers at the same time.

Using headphones and speakers at the same time.: I recently bought a new headset and desktop. I just tried out the headset and found it to be amazing, but I was wondering how I could get sound to go through both the headset and speakers on my speakers system. The desktop is in Windows 10, and it's a Lenovo, and I can...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...