Windows 10: Cannot use keyboard and touch pad at the same time...

Discus and support Cannot use keyboard and touch pad at the same time... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro computer running on Windows 10 Pro. My issue comes in where I cannot use the keys on the keyboard and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Olivia Drawdy, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Cannot use keyboard and touch pad at the same time...

Hello, I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro computer running on Windows 10 Pro. My issue comes in where I cannot use the keys on the keyboard and the touch pad at the same time. I have searched several different times trying to find a solution to the problem, however upon my discovery, my settings on my computer do not match the solutions given. Whether it be PalmTouch, SmartSense, or some other thing, neither come up in my settings. If you have a solution, please don't hesitate to enlighten me, as this is a time sensitive issue. Much thanks in advance.

:)

Olivia Drawdy, Jul 5, 2018

2. Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard

My laptop is an ASUS X55LA. I have attached both photos and yes, I was referring to the device manager. BTW there is no 'Power Management' settings in my BIOS.

Cannot use keyboard and touch pad at the same time... [​IMG]

Cannot use keyboard and touch pad at the same time... [​IMG]

SamTheGr8est, Jul 5, 2018
  3. hosscomp Win User
    Unwanted touch-pad and keyboard re-sizing of active window

This is driving me crazy. I have gone through the synaptic touch pad settings several times and and I still have to use cat paw touches on the keyboard and touch pad to keep the window from randomly zooming. Also the search window keeps popping up randomly and I have to tap the touch pad to remove it. I am sure this must have been answered before or described in setup tutorials, but I am having too much trouble just searching for it.

Please help.

Thanks

hosscomp, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

Cannot use keyboard and touch pad at the same time...

touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot use keyboard and touch pad at the same time...

1. Cannot use keyboard and touch pad at the same time... - Similar Threads - Cannot keyboard touch

2. Click and use keyboard at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Click and use keyboard at the same time: I was playing something but when I tried to move in the game and click on something at the same time it didn't work. Anyone know how to fix it? I can move my cursor with trackpad and press keys on the keyboard at the same time but the clicking works then stops working. I'm...
  3. keyboard and touch pad quit working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard and touch pad quit working: I have an HP laptop and cannot use my laptop keyboard or touchpad. I have an external keyboard and mouse that I am currently using to type this. I did an HP diagnostics and spoke to an agent. they say it is a microsoft 10 problem. How do I fix this?...
  4. Keyboard and Touch pad don't work

Keyboard and Touch pad don't work: I factory reset my laptop a couple of weeks ago. When I did, it updated my Windows 10 to a more current version. After this update I have been unable to use my keyboard and touchpad. When I go into the bios both still work, but once Windows boots they don't work again. I have...
  5. Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard

Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard: Hello, I have Lenovo G40-70, winfdows 10 Recently I have been observing a strange behavior. The delete button doesn't work when I press it, but at randomly. Then it doesn't stop deleting the text until it deletes everything in the text box. Initially thought hardware button...
  6. How do I use Keyboard and Touch pad at the same time?

How do I use Keyboard and Touch pad at the same time?: Hi, I'm new here so if I do anything that isn't allowed pls have mercy on my soul. I'm on a TOSHIBA SATELLITE C75D-B7260 laptop. I've been trying to make it so I can use my touchpad while using my keyboard, this is solely for the purpose of playing video games. I have tried...
  7. laptop keyboard and touch pad is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop keyboard and touch pad is not working: After reinstalling windows 10,my laptop's keyboard and touch pad doesn't works after 2 or 3 days. But actually turns off by itself. We have done everything but all insane.Please help me!...
  8. Keyboard and touch pad issue

Keyboard and touch pad issue: I have HP x360 laptop with Windows 10 on it. The problem is my keyboard and touch pad only works in BIOS mode but not when Windows get loaded. I have tried installing different OS too (Windows 7, Windows 8) but the problem still persists. During hardware tests, the keyboard...
  9. Microsoft all in one media keyboard can't use touch pad and keyboard at the same time?

Microsoft all in one media keyboard can't use touch pad and keyboard at the same time?: I'm trying to play a game in my laptop with the all in one media keyboard but I can't use both touch pad and keyboard at the same time. Any solutions to fix this?...
  10. Keyboard and touch pad not working after using as tablet mode

Keyboard and touch pad not working after using as tablet mode: I have a toshiba convertible laptop, I was using it in both laptop mode and tablet mode. Suddenly after converting from tablet mode to laptop mode the keyboard and touch pad stopped working in windows. The keyboard is functional and working in bios I am able to change the...