Windows 10: Cannot use keyboard during boot

Discus and support Cannot use keyboard during boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop running Windows 10. My disk has more than one boot partition. During boot-up, I am not able to use the keyboard of the laptop to select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by techgoo, Jun 10, 2019.

1. techgoo Win User

Cannot use keyboard during boot

I have a laptop running Windows 10. My disk has more than one boot partition. During boot-up, I am not able to use the keyboard of the laptop to select the partition to boot. I have to plug in a USB-keyboard to do it. Would appreciate some help.

Thks,

techgoo.

:)

techgoo, Jun 10, 2019
  2. barlowLAD Win User

Keyboard not working during boot

Hi all,

I have windows 7 installed on a ssd, and the boot time is quick! however Im wondering if its too quick, as the lights on the keyboard dont come on until im into windows, so I cant access the bios, I bought a cheap keyboard to make sure my ms sidewinder x4 wasnt broke.

Any suggestions?

barlowLAD, Jun 10, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 10, 2019
  4. SIV
    Siv Win User

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

devnull,

Did you check that the keyboard is not working again as I had the same issue with another PC where the system restore failed but I found that the keyboard and mouse were working even though the restore failed??

Thema:

1. Cannot use keyboard during boot - Similar Threads - Cannot keyboard during

2. Keyboard not working during boot/bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working during boot/bios: Hi there so I have an old samsung n100sp which i did some upgrades on so i bought a new ssd which i need to install windows but i cant since my keyboard that came with the laptop is damaged like half of it works half doesnt thus making it useless in bios and i tried finding...
  3. Keyboard not working during boot/bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working during boot/bios: Hi there so I have an old samsung n100sp which i did some upgrades on so i bought a new ssd which i need to install windows but i cant since my keyboard that came with the laptop is damaged like half of it works half doesnt thus making it useless in bios and i tried finding...
  4. Cannot use Japanese keyboard Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use Japanese keyboard Help!: Tried to download japanese keyboard / IMEWont download basic typing, handwriting or speech.Gotten error code 0x80070490, is there any way to fix this?And or is there an alternate program that would allow me to type in japanese ??...
  5. Cannot use Japanese keyboard Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use Japanese keyboard Help!: Tried to download japanese keyboard / IMEWont download basic typing, handwriting or speech.Gotten error code 0x80070490, is there any way to fix this?And or is there an alternate program that would allow me to type in japanese ??...
  6. Cannot use my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use my keyboard?: My laptop keyboard stopped working...maybe after an automatic update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-my-keyboard/76baaa4b-f87b-47ed-9c59-587d29e098af
  7. Cannot use special characters on the keyboard

Cannot use special characters on the keyboard: I installed two languages, French and Spanish. However I cannot use a trema above letters or use the wave in Spanish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-special-characters-on-the-keyboard/95f34eff-3237-4032-aaa5-1f20dd5bd360
  8. cannot use keyboard

cannot use keyboard: I cannot use my keyboard to type. Have to use the on screen keyboard which is slow. the driver is find. why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-keyboard/e989527d-f8f4-417f-afef-d728bdd4503f
  9. keyboard and black screen during boot process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and black screen during boot process: My computer, hp i3 core running windows 10, gives me a black screen and the image of keyboard during boot up and will not go any further. How do around this? or possibly get into safe mode without full boot up?...
  10. Laptop Keyboard Stops working during Boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Keyboard Stops working during Boot: I have had this problem on and off with this laptop for some time. Sometimes I could fix it with just flipping the laptop all the way over and back a few times and the laptop keyboard would come out of tablet mode and work. You can see for a very few short seconds the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant use keyboard at boot