Windows 10: Cannot use keyboard in any browser

Discus and support Cannot use keyboard in any browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; We just updated our windows 7 laptop with windows 10. When we open Edge or Chrome, we cannot use keyboard to type anything either in search window or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by detguy, Nov 17, 2015.

1. detguy Win User

Cannot use keyboard in any browser

We just updated our windows 7 laptop with windows 10. When we open Edge or Chrome, we cannot use keyboard to type anything either in search window or address bar. Browsers are also very slow to respond or freeze. Any idea what is happening? We can type in control panel search box so keyboard seems to be working.. I am using different machine to post this message. Any help appreciated. Thanks,

:)

detguy, Nov 17, 2015

2. Stuck in Scroll-Right or Scroll-Down

Nope, no irregularities. This is bad.

I cannot use dropdown lists in any browser.

I cannot use File Explorer as it scrolls wildly.

I cannot use any application that makes use of the CTRL buttons (for menus, e.g.), as that causes automated scrolling, resizing of text or worse.

My hunch is that I somehow enabled a "special mode" on my keyboard. MSFT wireless keyboard, that is persistent and carries over to all attached keyboards.

Any idea (other than wipe / reinstall)?

Dr. J.Heuer, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Cannot use Edge Browser, Cannot use Windows Store

Thank you so much for the update. Based on the details provided, since
    DISM restore health
    failed after less than 10 percent, it means that there is a an issue on your system image files or the OS itself is corrupted. What we can do now is to use the
    Media
    Creation Tool
    before performing the
    Custom Installation.
    We understand that you still lack of proper media. So kindly update us whenever you have time to perform this.

We will wait for the results.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 17, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

As a diagnostic can you open Internet Explorer and type? Go to Apps, scroll to the Ws, find Windows Accessories and click on Internet Explorer. I tend to right-click it an choose Pin to Start and Pin to Taskbar, simpler to use for some things.

Berton, Nov 17, 2015
  5. detguy Win User
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I am able to open and type in Internet Explorer, but still not in Chrome or Edge. They just freeze the moment we open and try to type. Do we have to reinstall them, will that help?

detguy, Nov 17, 2015
  6. detguy Win User
    Just realized IE too is not working properly. I am able to type in address bar, but not in google search window or email login. We have firefox browser that too is not working. Don't know what settings are messed up. Let us know if anybody has any clue... Thanks for your time.

detguy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot use keyboard in any browser - Similar Threads - Cannot keyboard browser

2. Cannot download office files in any browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot download office files in any browsers: HiI cannot download office documents from any browsers. Pdf, jpg and other files works fine. But excel or word files stops, In the Downloads list in Edge it says 0 B/s - 44.1 KB of 41.1 KB and then nothing happens and I cannot open the file. As mentioned all other file types...
  3. Can't download files using any browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download files using any browser: Windows 10 Pro, OS build 19041.685 Following the most recent Windows update I am unable to download files of more than a few megabytes using any internet browser - I have tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. I have no third party antivirus or security software installed, I have...
  4. I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey: When i was tabbing out of a game yesterday my computer somehow locked the office hyperkey stuff on (alt win shift ctrl) and most keys start opening apps or webpages. This makes my entire computer unusable if i ever decide to or the pc itself decides to open a browser. When i...
  5. Cannot use the file explorer through any browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot use the file explorer through any browser: This has been an issue for over a month now for me. I first noticed it when I was trying to submit a file on my college website, as soon as the file explorer opened, it froze up and after a few seconds crashed. I thought it was just a Google Chrome issue at first and tried...
  6. I cannot use any other browsers, apart from Microsoft Edge

in Cortana
    I cannot use any other browsers, apart from Microsoft Edge: Hi, Any browser excluding edge I try to use doesn't seem to work any more. I've tried chrome, Firefox, opera, etc. If I try to open them, they will start for a moment, before abruptly closing. I can't seem to work out why it's doing this. Any help or fixes would be...
  7. Cannot use my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use my keyboard?: My laptop keyboard stopped working...maybe after an automatic update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-my-keyboard/76baaa4b-f87b-47ed-9c59-587d29e098af
  8. cannot use keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot use keyboard: I cannot use my keyboard to type. Have to use the on screen keyboard which is slow. the driver is find. why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-keyboard/e989527d-f8f4-417f-afef-d728bdd4503f
  9. Any Concerns Using a Russian Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Any Concerns Using a Russian Browser?: With secure browsing in mind, I've been experimenting with various browsers that are advertised to offer good security in the Internet. I'm currently trying Yandex, which is Russian designed. Knowing how adept the Russians are, do you think I should have any concerns about...
  10. BSOD when using any browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using any browser: I recently bought a HP Probook and within days I started getting BSOD - I had it replaced by HP and the same model replacement is now also giving BSOD. I deliberately didn't install anything on it apart from Chrome. I'm getting BSOD all the time now when browsing - it doesn't...