Windows 10: Cannot use Microsoft account credit to pay for anything! Why?

Discus and support Cannot use Microsoft account credit to pay for anything! Why? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I followed the instructions here to give my child some money (10 Euros) so that "they can buy what they want, without spending too much" as your help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Otto de Voogd, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Cannot use Microsoft account credit to pay for anything! Why?

I followed the instructions here to give my child some money (10 Euros) so that "they can buy what they want, without spending too much" as your help page states:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/4027024/microsoft-account-add-money-to-your-childs-account

Yet when he tried to purchase a game for $6.99 (which is much less than 10 Euros) he was unable to use his money to buy "what he wants", the only payment option available is credit card, paypal or mobile phone, but paying from his existing Microsft account credit is not possible apparently.

Can you explain why my son can not pay from his available microsoft account credit?

And if he can't pay from his credit, why have a help page (see first link) that suggests you child "can buy what they want" with it. This is highly misleading.

What can you actually pay with this credit?

And since we can't buy anything with it on the Microsoft store (which was the intended purpose of giving him credit), how can we get the credit back?

:)

Otto de Voogd, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Roy 59er Win User

I want to pay for my microsoft account with a credit card

What do you mean by Microsoft account you don't need to pay to have a Microsoft account if you want to purchase some app or something from the store you just go through the motions to download it and when it gets to the payment part you enter your details
    e.g. credit card details and they will be stored on your Microsoft account so next time you want to purchase something when you need to pay your credit card details will come up and you just need to tap to authorize the payment

Roy 59er, Apr 14, 2019
  3. CherylJM Win User
    Ways to Pay in Paypal

I was trying to buy the app Maps Pro in the Microsoft Store and was linking my Paypal Account. Why is my actual Paypal Account which has some money in it not listed in "Choose Way to Pay" option. Only my Bank Account and Credit card are listed as ways
    to pay?

CherylJM, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Cannot use Microsoft account credit to pay for anything! Why?

Child account without Credit Card verification

Hi,

We appreciate all the information you've provided. We would like to isolate this concern for you. Kindly answer these questions:

• Are there any error codes/messages preventing you from performing the action?
    • What steps are you trying to do in order to add the credit card to the child account? Do you experience similar issue with other browsers as well?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Moreover, we suggest that you try to add the child account in this
    link

Let us know if you have additional questions.

PreciousLeb, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Cannot use Microsoft account credit to pay for anything! Why?

1. Cannot use Microsoft account credit to pay for anything! Why? - Similar Threads - Cannot Microsoft account

2. why ism Microsoft using my credit card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why ism Microsoft using my credit card: I am a student and I have Microsoft account given by my college c0935990mylambton.ca . I was supposed to get free trial for azure account , which I could not get I had to use my credit card for subscriptionand it took me 2 months to do so .now I have been charged for the...
  3. why ism Microsoft using my credit card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why ism Microsoft using my credit card: I am a student and I have Microsoft account given by my college c0935990mylambton.ca . I was supposed to get free trial for azure account , which I could not get I had to use my credit card for subscriptionand it took me 2 months to do so .now I have been charged for the...
  4. How to reach a HUMAN at Microsoft? Pay for an account and cannot access that account!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reach a HUMAN at Microsoft? Pay for an account and cannot access that account!: Several months ago I was forced to abandon my years old email address due to harassment and safety concerns. Since that time I have been unable to access my account including my OneDrive files. I have sent numerous emails to MS and not received a single response. I have...
  5. How to reach a HUMAN at Microsoft? Pay for an account and cannot access that account!

How to reach a HUMAN at Microsoft? Pay for an account and cannot access that account!: Several months ago I was forced to abandon my years old email address due to harassment and safety concerns. Since that time I have been unable to access my account including my OneDrive files. I have sent numerous emails to MS and not received a single response. I have...
  6. How to reach a HUMAN at Microsoft? Pay for an account and cannot access that account!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Account credit

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Account credit: I want to buys v-bucks with my account credit but it's not an option to pay with. How do i solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-credit/aa6ce90f-61d8-4791-b24f-223ff888ab9e
  8. Unable to use credit in Microsoft Family Account to buy Robux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use credit in Microsoft Family Account to buy Robux: My son sent an in-game request to purchase $9.99 in Robux for PC. I went to our Microsoft Family account and added $10 to his account so he could complete the purchase. He now has $10.50 in his Microsoft Account. He is having trouble using that $10.50 in the account to pay...
  9. Do I pay for the use of skype? What are credits?

Do I pay for the use of skype? What are credits?: Do I pay for the use of skype? I am new to skype. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-pay-for-the-use-of-skype-what-are-credits/6014aa3a-b8b9-4b8a-8ad7-26fc8c99f258
  10. Cannot login into anything that uses a microsoft account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot login into anything that uses a microsoft account on Windows 10: Hey, i've been having a really big issue (to me) I can not login into anything like xbox app, windows store or logging into shared experience in the windows settings etc. i can login into the website and android app with zero issues. But everytime i try to on pc it just...