Windows 10: Cannot use Microsoft account credit to pay for anything! Why?

Discus and support Cannot use Microsoft account credit to pay for anything! Why? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I followed the instructions here to give my child some money (10 Euros) so that "they can buy what they want, without spending too much" as your help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Otto de Voogd, Apr 14, 2019 at 10:52 AM.

1. Cannot use Microsoft account credit to pay for anything! Why?

I followed the instructions here to give my child some money (10 Euros) so that "they can buy what they want, without spending too much" as your help page states:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/4027024/microsoft-account-add-money-to-your-childs-account

Yet when he tried to purchase a game for $6.99 (which is much less than 10 Euros) he was unable to use his money to buy "what he wants", the only payment option available is credit card, paypal or mobile phone, but paying from his existing Microsft account credit is not possible apparently.

Can you explain why my son can not pay from his available microsoft account credit?

And if he can't pay from his credit, why have a help page (see first link) that suggests you child "can buy what they want" with it. This is highly misleading.

What can you actually pay with this credit?

And since we can't buy anything with it on the Microsoft store (which was the intended purpose of giving him credit), how can we get the credit back?

:)

Otto de Voogd, Apr 14, 2019 at 10:52 AM
  2. Roy 59er Win User

I want to pay for my microsoft account with a credit card

What do you mean by Microsoft account you don't need to pay to have a Microsoft account if you want to purchase some app or something from the store you just go through the motions to download it and when it gets to the payment part you enter your details
    e.g. credit card details and they will be stored on your Microsoft account so next time you want to purchase something when you need to pay your credit card details will come up and you just need to tap to authorize the payment

3. CherylJM Win User
    Ways to Pay in Paypal

I was trying to buy the app Maps Pro in the Microsoft Store and was linking my Paypal Account. Why is my actual Paypal Account which has some money in it not listed in "Choose Way to Pay" option. Only my Bank Account and Credit card are listed as ways
    to pay?

4. Cannot use Microsoft account credit to pay for anything! Why?

Child account without Credit Card verification

Hi,

We appreciate all the information you've provided. We would like to isolate this concern for you. Kindly answer these questions:

• Are there any error codes/messages preventing you from performing the action?
    • What steps are you trying to do in order to add the credit card to the child account? Do you experience similar issue with other browsers as well?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Moreover, we suggest that you try to add the child account in this
    link

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thema:

Cannot use Microsoft account credit to pay for anything! Why?

1. Cannot use Microsoft account credit to pay for anything! Why? - Similar Threads - Cannot Microsoft account

2. Cannot login into anything that uses a microsoft account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot login into anything that uses a microsoft account on Windows 10: Hey, i've been having a really big issue (to me) I can not login into anything like xbox app, windows store or logging into shared experience in the windows settings etc. i can login into the website and android app with zero issues. But everytime i try to on pc it just...
  3. use of credit cards

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    use of credit cards: i suddenly can not enter a credit card number to play. takes all my info except the card number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-credit-cards/7feb1167-73d1-4bcf-8601-69ee8f51c81f"
  4. Payed for a game but cannot get it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Payed for a game but cannot get it.: Hi, I bought survival craft 2 on my microsoft account, i paid for it and played it, but then i reset my computer, signed back in to the same account and i didnt own it anymore, i want my game back, i paid for it and you can check your history and everything...
  5. How to Link Credit card or Debit card to Microsoft account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to Link Credit card or Debit card to Microsoft account.: Hello! I live in Kyrgyzstan and I wanted to add a card to my account to make a purchase from the store, however it does not accept it and tells me that I put the wrong address in even though it is my actual address that my card tied to....
  6. Cannot sign into microsoft account on pc. Cannot use microsoft apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot sign into microsoft account on pc. Cannot use microsoft apps: Recently I am unable to sign in to my pc microsoft account. Microsoft apps crash and Office applications do not open - licencing problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-into-microsoft-account-on-pc-cannot/8a27e4cd-25d6-427c-bdc7-5568becf02c2
  7. Why do I need a Microsoft Account to download apps AFTER paying for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I need a Microsoft Account to download apps AFTER paying for Windows 10?: I am quite upset with Microsoft. ENOUGH OF THE PRIVACY AND TRACKING INTRUSION! I own multiple copies of Windows, and my work pays for Office, etc. Microsoft Apps Store recently began demanding that you sign in or create an account to download even the free apps....
  8. Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin: I have a child as part of my Microsoft family. On that account, they must ask any time they want to purchase something. I gave one child a $10 credit to use when they see fit. Family / Child computer 1. In Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, click on the coin in the top right to...
  9. Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child cannot use credit to purchase minecoin: I have a child as part of my Microsoft family. On that account, they must ask any time they want to purchase something. I gave one child a $10 credit to use when they see fit. Family / Child computer 1. In Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, click on the coin in the top right to...
  10. Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store: Here is a teaser for the experts. I recently purchased an MS Surface Book and cannot download anything from the MS Store. This came about after MS did a Win 10 upgrade from 1607 to 1703. When I click on “Get The App” it opens a splash screen showing the MS Shopping Bag...