Windows 10: Cannot use Microsoft News, Microsoft Weather or Microsoft Store when Connected via VPN

Discus and support Cannot use Microsoft News, Microsoft Weather or Microsoft Store when Connected via VPN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have read other threads with fixes but none of these work for my configuration. I'm using SonicWall VPN and I cannot make the suggested changes in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Financial User, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Cannot use Microsoft News, Microsoft Weather or Microsoft Store when Connected via VPN

I have read other threads with fixes but none of these work for my configuration. I'm using SonicWall VPN and I cannot make the suggested changes in the previous closed threads. How can I use these things while I'm connected through the VPN?

:)

Financial User, Nov 23, 2019

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Microsoft Weather App Forecast

Hi Holly,

To address this concern, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Weather on your computer to refresh the app and to get the latest update. You may follow these steps:

• Go to Search, type powershell, and open
      PowerShell
      as Administrator.
    • Enter the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
    To reinstall it, just go to Store and search for Microsoft Weather.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Nov 23, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Cannot use Microsoft News, Microsoft Weather or Microsoft Store when Connected via VPN

Microsoft Surface Now Available at Microsoft Retail Stores

Microsoft Corp. today announced that its new PC, Microsoft Surface, is now available for purchase at all Microsoft retail, holiday and online stores in the United States and Canada. Designed to be the ultimate stage for Windows RT, Surface is unique and represents exceptional value, providing an immersive entertainment experience and a foundation for getting things done. With a starting price of US$499,1 Surface will be available online at http://www.microsoftstore.com in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States. In China and Hong Kong, Surface will be available online at Suning. More details are available here.

A variety of Surface accessories are also available for purchase, including Touch Covers in five vibrant colors — black, white, magenta, cyan and red — priced at US$119.99, so customers can express their personal style.2 Customers also have the option to purchase a Type Cover in black for US$129.99, which adds moving keys for a more traditional typing feel.

Cannot use Microsoft News, Microsoft Weather or Microsoft Store when Connected via VPN 239a_thm.jpg

At all Microsoft retail and holiday store locations, knowledgeable staff are on hand to answer questions and help with Windows RT and Surface setup, so customers can have a great out-of-the-box experience and walk out the door with a product that is personalized for them. Customers can visit http://www.microsoftstore.com to find a Microsoft retail store nearest them.

First unveiled in June, Surface represents an extension of the Windows experience, letting customers work, play and connect with others. From its ultralight durable casing, integrated kickstand and Touch Cover, which allow customers to be productive anywhere, to a full-sized USB port, 16:9 widescreen, high-definition display and 22-degree angle that make it optimal for viewing and sharing content easily, Surface lets customers seamlessly transition between entertainment and creation.

A complete list of Microsoft retail store and holiday store locations is available at http://content.microsoftstore.com/home.aspx?WT.mc_id=onlinestore_footertray.

btarunr, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Cannot use Microsoft News, Microsoft Weather or Microsoft Store when Connected via VPN

1. Cannot use Microsoft News, Microsoft Weather or Microsoft Store when Connected via VPN - Similar Threads - Cannot Microsoft News

2. Cannot use Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot use Microsoft store: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.Windows cannot install package Microsoft.WindowsStore_22204.1401.3.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe because the package iscurrently paused. The package must be Staged in...
  3. Cannot use Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use Microsoft store: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.Windows cannot install package Microsoft.WindowsStore_22204.1401.3.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe because the package iscurrently paused. The package must be Staged in...
  4. Cannot use Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why can I only connect to Microsoft store when using a VPN connection

Why can I only connect to Microsoft store when using a VPN connection: I can only connect to the Microsoft store and feedback hub when connected to my VPN connection. If I try and connect without using the VPN I get an error and message to try again later...
  6. Can only access Microsoft store when connected to VPN

Can only access Microsoft store when connected to VPN: I can only access Microsoft store when connected via Forticlient used as a VPN. If I disonnect from VPN I can no longer connect to the store. Can have an explanation?...
  7. Cannot use microsoft store

Cannot use microsoft store: The problem started when I was told my microsft account had a problem. When I first bought the windows 10 laptop I used the email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. This is 'stuck' inside the machine and can't be erased. I no longer use BTinternet but...
  8. Microsoft Weather News & Radar Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Weather News & Radar Not Working: I have been using the Microsoft Weather app, and up until now things have been smooth for the most part. There are two things I'd like to address with this app that continue to bug me. Firstly is the weather news. Whenever I open news, I continue to receive this error...
  9. Microsoft's Apps[OneNote, News, Microsoft Store, Edge] cannot connect to server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft's Apps[OneNote, News, Microsoft Store, Edge] cannot connect to server: There is something abnormal. I previously meshed up with Hyper V on my computer, and then I disable it from "Turn Windows features on or off". Everything looks normal, but I suddently realized that my OneNote will not sync anymore, with following message. [ATTACH] The...
  10. Cannot connect Microsoft Store

Cannot connect Microsoft Store: The Microsoft Store got a message: "Something bad happened. Unknown layout specified in manifest" when I try to access. Please advise me how to solve this? Thanks....