Windows 10: Cannot use mouse after windows reset

Discus and support Cannot use mouse after windows reset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, so I recently factory reset my pc, did the limited feature as wifi is not available right now, installed windows couldnt use mouse during setup,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ImDamp, Jun 16, 2020.

1. ImDamp Win User

Cannot use mouse after windows reset

Hi, so I recently factory reset my pc, did the limited feature as wifi is not available right now, installed windows couldnt use mouse during setup, didnt see mouse cursor, 6 unknown devices in Other Devices device manager and PCI SERIAL PORT. Getting code 28 error. Wired mouse mouse worked perfectly before the reset, cant install/update drivers.

PC specs if needed:

- core 2 duo

- dell wired mouse

- integ gpu

- never touched bios

Screenshot below -

Cannot use mouse after windows reset 4c513c85-716e-4df7-acb4-679a9842e838?upload=true.jpg

:)

ImDamp, Jun 16, 2020

2. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

I tried using your instructions to restore the touch pad mouse on Windows 10. It didn't work

KenHittmeier, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot use mouse after windows reset - Similar Threads - Cannot mouse reset

2. Cannot use mouse at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use mouse at all: Yesterday I was updating my drivers on the pc app driver updater and it crashed, I now cannot use my mouse at all and having to navigate everything through just my keyboard is becoming annoying, the errors that are shown is: Intime bridge host driver with code 10 erroralso...
  3. Cannot use mouse at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use mouse at all: Yesterday I was updating my drivers on the pc app driver updater and it crashed, I now cannot use my mouse at all and having to navigate everything through just my keyboard is becoming annoying, the errors that are shown is: Intime bridge host driver with code 10 erroralso...
  4. Cannot use mouse at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot activate windows 11 Home after resetting windows used windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate windows 11 Home after resetting windows used windows reset: Hello EveryoneI cannot activate my windows after resetting windows. I believe the key is still attached to my old copy of Windows, which is weird. The screenshot: I am connected to Internet....
  6. Cannot activate windows 11 Home after resetting windows used windows reset

Cannot activate windows 11 Home after resetting windows used windows reset: Hello EveryoneI cannot activate my windows after resetting windows. I believe the key is still attached to my old copy of Windows, which is weird. The screenshot: I am connected to Internet....
  7. Cannot reset pin after using bitlocker recovery

Cannot reset pin after using bitlocker recovery: Booted computer in Linux, forgot what account was linked to bitlocker, eventually got it back and entered key. Tried to reset PIN after forgetting, after logging into MS account I get a screen that simply says "Something went wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can...
  8. Cannot reset pin after using bitlocker recovery

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot reset pin after using bitlocker recovery: Booted computer in Linux, forgot what account was linked to bitlocker, eventually got it back and entered key. Tried to reset PIN after forgetting, after logging into MS account I get a screen that simply says "Something went wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can...
  9. Cannot use window account to log into laptop after reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot use window account to log into laptop after reset: I had to have my laptop repair. A few mosfets needed to be repaired. I had factory reset my laptop. Now its fixed and I cannot log into my microsoft account on the laptop. It signed put your email in and I do. Then the password. Then it asked for my current windows password...
  10. After a Windows 10 reset mouse, keyboard not working, cannot login

in Windows 10 Customization
    After a Windows 10 reset mouse, keyboard not working, cannot login: Here we go again. Something simple like a PC reset goes **** and I cannot log in or use the mouse. Both are dead on Win 10 yet work fine with Linux on another hard drive on the same PC. My Dell does not have a PS2 input so I cannot try the PS2 fix. Everything was working...