Windows 10: Cannot use MS Office 2013 after latest W10 update

Discus and support Cannot use MS Office 2013 after latest W10 update in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I am new to this forum so my apologies if this is not a new W10 issue. I have been using W10 on my Dell Vostro 15 laptop, 3000 Series, for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Squirrel, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Squirrel Win User

Cannot use MS Office 2013 after latest W10 update

Hello, I am new to this forum so my apologies if this is not a new W10 issue.
    I have been using W10 on my Dell Vostro 15 laptop, 3000 Series, for about 15 months. When I got the laptop I also installed MS Office 2013 and have been using it for the last 15 months or so without any problems. I got Office 2013 from a reputable vendor. It is original, genuine and legal and registered to me and properly activated. About a week ago I successfully installed the latest W10 update but since then I cannot use any of the Office 2013 products. Each time I go in to Word or Excel it initially opens up but then a small window displays briefly and the program then closes down without any warning.
    Can anyone advise if this is a known problem and how I go about getting it fixed? I have been trying to contact Microsoft but don't know how to do so. Does anyone have a telephone number for Microsoft so that I can log this issue with them? Thanks!

:)

Squirrel, Sep 22, 2016

2. Latest W10 update causes Excel to fail

The latest W10 update, KB3081436, installed 8/14/2015, caused my Excel (office professional 2013) to fail. When update unistalled, EXcel worked OK again.

MiguelJoven, Sep 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 not activated

Problem started with Office 2013 repeatedly crashing about six months ago after Windows update. MS support actions restarted the app several times, the last time issuing a new product #. Latest Office 2013 crash resulted in MS support stating that Windows
    10 is not activated. Both Office 2013 and Windows were originally preloaded on computer by manufacturer. Windows was updated to 10 about a year ago. PC is about 4 years old. MS support referred to manufacturer for Windows product key, their site states product
    key in in computer. All programs worked until Office problems began, now today Windows is not activated. Any suggestions?

CatherineBarton, Sep 22, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Have you tried repairing Office? Right click the Start button, select Programs and Features, select Office, click Change, select your preferred repair option, click Repair:

Cannot use MS Office 2013 after latest W10 update [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

5. Squirrel Win User
    Thanks Kari - that resolved the problem. I had to reinstall the key and fortunately had that to hand. I really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Squirrel, Sep 22, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    You are welcome, good to know you got it resolved.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot use MS Office 2013 after latest W10 update - Similar Threads - Cannot Office 2013

2. Office 2013 not working with MS Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 not working with MS Word: I purchased Office 2013 from Amazon in 2015 It has worked fine on my desktop and notebook computers until recently. Now I get the message that it can't open Normal.dotm and a few other error messages that makes it impossible to open MS Word documents. After trying to fix the...
  3. Office 2013 not working with MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2013 not working with MS Word: I purchased Office 2013 from Amazon in 2015 It has worked fine on my desktop and notebook computers until recently. Now I get the message that it can't open Normal.dotm and a few other error messages that makes it impossible to open MS Word documents. After trying to fix the...
  4. error 651 after MS downloaded the latest W10 update .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error 651 after MS downloaded the latest W10 update .: Hi there, Not able to go online after getting the latest W10 Update on my desktop PC. It posts Error 651 . The W10 Update shut me out of the PC. MS support had to provide me with Customized Instillation which finally gave my access to my PC Now I can't get connected to...
  5. Office 2013 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2013 updates: I have uninstalled Office 2013. However, windows updates keeps prompting to install missing updates for Office 2013. A Microsoft technician tried to help remotely, it worked right after, but the same problem returned the next time I ran Windows update check. Even my anti...
  6. Bad Copy - MS Office 2013

Bad Copy - MS Office 2013: Its a long story, and ongoing via Trading Standards but I bought a copy of Microsoft office from a pc support company who installed it for me. BUT they used software I know the name of but cant mention it here to produce a key. They are refusing to reply to my emails and I...
  7. Office 2013 updates

Office 2013 updates: Office Update Tuesday. Got these today. [img] Jim *Cool 99633
  8. MS Office 2013

MS Office 2013: I have a fully licensed copy of MS office 2013. I have been sent a word.doc attachment on an email and saved it to the HDD, but Word refuses to open it!!!! 52061
  9. MS Office 2013 update...

MS Office 2013 update...: Moderator(s), please move this topic to the correct forum, thanks... I have two Windows 10 Professional, 64-bits (1709) with the latest updates, both systems have MS Office 2013 Professional. On one of the systems, MS Office does not update, while the other does. After...
  10. MS Office 2013 aps...

MS Office 2013 aps...: This issue has been bothering me for awhile, short description.... Windows 7 and 10 sharing files via workgroup with one gig switched network, using local accounts. Initial opening and MS Office file (.docx, .xlsx, etc.) takes anywhere from 15-25 seconds. Opening another...