Windows 10: Cannot use my digital license to activate my new pc

Discus and support Cannot use my digital license to activate my new pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, i just build a new pc and sign in with my microsoft account which having a digital license entitled. i have followed the instruction to reactivate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hei_Ching, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Hei_Ching Win User

Cannot use my digital license to activate my new pc

Hi, i just build a new pc and sign in with my microsoft account which having a digital license entitled.

i have followed the instruction to reactivate the license as below steps:

settings -> update & security -> Activation -> Troubleshoot

and click “ I changed hardware on this device recently”

When I click on it, the screen shows my old device, so I check the box and click “Activate”

However, there is only an error message showing on the screen, saying that “We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.”

i have tried that for several times but still not able to reactivate my pc. Could anyone please give a hand on it?

Thanks!!

:)

Hei_Ching, Feb 2, 2020

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 2, 2020
  3. AhmadH. Win User
    Transferring Digital License to new PC

Hello,

I have been trying to activate Windows 10 on my new computer using the digital license I have connected to my Microsoft account. I bought Windows 10 Pro digitally from Microsoft a few years ago and have been running it on my laptop since. My new desktop is
    meant to replace my laptop. Following some guides online, I started the Activation Troubleshooter and clicked on "I changed hardware on this device recently." It opens a list of devices that I'm signed in on so I can choose which one to activate. My new desktop
    PC doesn't show up in that list though.

I finished installing Windows on my new PC last night, so I'm not sure if some kind of activation servers need time to update the list of devices my Microsoft account is running on. But I guess this is why I'm posting this question here.

Just to be clear, I will be using my desktop as my main PC, which I want Windows activated on. My laptop is just going into storage or something, so the account should be deactivated on it.

AhmadH., Feb 2, 2020
  4. arvindakk Win User

Activation of Windows 10 pro digital license in my new laptop. Kindly suggest.

Unable to activate my new PC to windows 10 pro using digital license from my existing PC. Kindly suggest

arvindakk, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot use my digital license to activate my new pc - Similar Threads - Cannot digital license

2. How to use my digital license on a second PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use my digital license on a second PC: I currently run Win 11 on my desktop with a digital license. However, I also want to run Win 11 on my laptop, which currently runs Linux. Furthermore, I do not have bootable media for Win 11. How can I add my laptop with my license and put Win 11 on my laptop. Thanks very...
  3. How to use my digital license on a second PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use my digital license on a second PC: I currently run Win 11 on my desktop with a digital license. However, I also want to run Win 11 on my laptop, which currently runs Linux. Furthermore, I do not have bootable media for Win 11. How can I add my laptop with my license and put Win 11 on my laptop. Thanks very...
  4. I couldnt activate my digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I couldnt activate my digital license: hi all i changed my computer hardware but now i can't activate my digital licensed windows 10 pro. i did these steps 1 - login my microsoft account and i remove old desktop 2 - my new desktop appeared on microsoft account and 3 - when i go - startup > options >...
  5. I can't use my digital license on my new computer

I can't use my digital license on my new computer: hi, i changed my hardware recently and for some reason i can't activate windows on my computer. I had it activated on first boot but since i got new hardware i had to reset windows for driver conflicts and now i can't activate it for some reason . I tried every single...
  6. Windows wont activate on new computer with my digital license.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wont activate on new computer with my digital license.: How do I activate my windows with the digital license on my account? Troubleshoot does not fix this either. The license activates with the hdd but not with the ssd. I need it to activate with the ssd....
  7. Bought a new PC and I'm trying to active my digital license.

Bought a new PC and I'm trying to active my digital license.: I had Windows 7 a few years back (I still have the activation key for it) and I used the free upgrade to Windows 10 which I associated with my Microsoft account. Now I bought a new PC, installed Windows and logged in on my account but it doesn't activate Windows. It gives me...
  8. New motherboard old mothoerboard fried can't seem to use my digital license activation

New motherboard old mothoerboard fried can't seem to use my digital license activation: well I can't seem to use my digital license activation linked on my microsoft account even though i removed the previous "device(motherboard" that was last used with...
  9. Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.

Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.: Hello, i got a free upgrade to Windows 10 on my laptop when Microsoft first announced it. That was a few years ago. I got a new PC last year and the shop i got it from had already Windows pre-installed on the device. As i discovered, it was a pirated license. It started...
  10. Activation errors using digital license.

Activation errors using digital license.: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 when the free offer was first extended. About a month ago I started receiving an activation error saying my windows 10 is not activated. When clicking on the activate now link the settings window opens and the activation screen is...