Windows 10: Cannot use my name for my Microsoft account.

Discus and support Cannot use my name for my Microsoft account. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried to put my name "Lach" on my Microsoft account and it says that I cannot because it contains a word or phrase that is not allowed. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LachV, Oct 13, 2019.

1. LachV Win User

Cannot use my name for my Microsoft account.

I tried to put my name "Lach" on my Microsoft account and it says that I cannot because it contains a word or phrase that is not allowed. How do I solve this issue so that my account name has my correct information?

:)

LachV, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Cannot use my name for my Microsoft account.

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Cannot use my name for my Microsoft account.

1. Cannot use my name for my Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Cannot name Microsoft

2. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?: Hi,I have edited my Microsoft account name a couple of months ago. Since then, when I log in to my account, my name is displayed as "Microsoft account" instead of my name. The problem is also in MS office apps like Word. My name is written as "Microsoft account" other than my...
  3. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?: Hi,I have edited my Microsoft account name a couple of months ago. Since then, when I log in to my account, my name is displayed as "Microsoft account" instead of my name. The problem is also in MS office apps like Word. My name is written as "Microsoft account" other than my...
  4. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I cannot sign into my computer using my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into my computer using my microsoft account: I have just re-installed windows 10 on my laptop, and now i cannot sign into windows using my microsoft account, i always get a time out and an oops somthing went wrong.I know my passwrod is correct, and i have tried re-starting my machine. I always get the same result....
  6. I cannot sign into my computer using my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot sign into my computer using my microsoft account: I have just re-installed windows 10 on my laptop, and now i cannot sign into windows using my microsoft account, i always get a time out and an oops somthing went wrong.I know my passwrod is correct, and i have tried re-starting my machine. I always get the same result....
  7. I cannot sign into my computer using my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Multiple Microsoft accounts on my PC on my name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Microsoft accounts on my PC on my name: I appear to have multiple accounts on my PC for Microsoft. One is an old school Work account that the PC tries sometimes to use with Outlook when I want to share a document. And - furthermore - I have the impression that there are two Microsoft accounts One of which is an...
  9. Device name/Pc name not showing on my microsoft account when using local account on my pc...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device name/Pc name not showing on my microsoft account when using local account on my pc...: Hello,Im sorry if this is a newbie question,this is regarding my microsoft account.Yesterday i did a fresh reinstall of windows,everything is working fine and well i just have a question regarding the device showing in my microsoft account.So the thing is when i use a local...
  10. Cannot use my name to display on login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use my name to display on login: My name is Cassie. When I create a user profile for windows 10, I cannot use my own name because it apparently rejects it for having a "profane" word as part of it Is it possible to override this and use my name?...