Windows 10: Cannot use my name to display on login

Discus and support Cannot use my name to display on login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My name is Cassie. When I create a user profile for windows 10, I cannot use my own name because it apparently rejects it for having a "profane" word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cassie-R-R, May 4, 2019.

1. Cannot use my name to display on login

My name is Cassie. When I create a user profile for windows 10, I cannot use my own name because it apparently rejects it for having a "profane" word as part of it

Is it possible to override this and use my name?

:)

Cassie-R-R, May 4, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Windows 10 login display name incorrect

We suggest that you try to follow the steps below to change the login display name on your computer.

• Unlink your Microsoft account on the account and sign in with a local account instead.
    • Press Win+R, then type regedit to open registry.
    • Navigate to: HKEY_USERS > .DEFAULT > Software > Microsoft > IdentityCRL> StoredIdentities.
    • You will see a folder named under the email account you just unlinked.
    • Right click on the folder (export a .reg file if you want for backup) and delete it.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Relink your Microsoft Account and check if the issue is resolved.

Registry Disclaimer:

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems
    might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

Kindly update us on the result.

Marby Rey, May 4, 2019
  3. YP78 Win User
    Windows 10 login display name incorrect

I login to my Windows 10 PCs (one desktop and one laptop) using my Microsoft account credentials. The login works fine except for the fact that the account display name is my email address (my login user name) and not my Full Name. Checking with my online
    account details, the correct Full Name is listed, but it does not show on the PCs.

I can reset my Full Name on a PC using the "Local Users and Groups" utility. However when I logout and back in again the Full Name is removed and the display name reverts to my email address.

Other members of my family have their own Microsoft accounts which they use to login to the PCs, and for them the Full Name is correctly displayed on their accounts..

Why is my account being singled out, and why can't I have the correct Full Name displayed?

Thanks for any advice you can give

Yannick P

YP78, May 4, 2019
  4. Cannot use my name to display on login

Login Name

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

- What is a local account ?

Local account :

If you've ever signed-in to a home computer running an older version of Windows, you’ve used a local account. Though the name may throw off novice users, it’s nothing more than an account to get into the computer in front of you. It works on that computer and
    no others.

If you are logged with Microsoft Account, than refer the below steps.
    Follow the below steps to change your Account Name:

1. Click on the Start Menu and select Settings.

2. Now select Accounts.

3. Click on the Your E-mail and account tab.

4. Now select the option Mange my Microsoft account.

5. It will take you to web browser where you have to login into your account.

6. Once you login you can see on the left panel you will get an option as Edit Name.

7. Change your name and save the changes and logout of your account from browser.

8. Try to restart your system and then try to login to your system and check if the name is displayed correctly.

Also suggest you to refer the below suggestion replied by Temidayo Abayomi-Zannu on Jan-04-2016.

How to change user account name

Let us know if this helps.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we are here to assist you.

Akheel Ahmed, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Cannot use my name to display on login

1. Cannot use my name to display on login - Similar Threads - Cannot name display

2. Changing the full name that is displayed in the Windows login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the full name that is displayed in the Windows login.: I wanted to change the name that is displayed in the Windows login, I couldn't change it on the Microsoft or neither did I find a way in Windows Settings, so I tried the method my friend told me to use. I typed control userpasswords2 in the Windows Run window it brough me to...
  3. Changing the full name that is displayed in the Windows login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing the full name that is displayed in the Windows login.: I wanted to change the name that is displayed in the Windows login, I couldn't change it on the Microsoft or neither did I find a way in Windows Settings, so I tried the method my friend told me to use. I typed control userpasswords2 in the Windows Run window it brough me to...
  4. Changing the full name that is displayed in the Windows login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Cannot display MSstore content, cannot login XBOX app, cannot login Feedback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot display MSstore content, cannot login XBOX app, cannot login Feedback: Hi,My laptop running Windows 11 was working fine before until recently I found my XBOX app was not signed in.I clicked the signin button and nothing happened. My games from XGPU are there but need my account to continue.I opened Microsoft Store, and it shows cannot load the...
  6. Cannot display MSstore content, cannot login XBOX app, cannot login Feedback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot display MSstore content, cannot login XBOX app, cannot login Feedback: Hi,My laptop running Windows 11 was working fine before until recently I found my XBOX app was not signed in.I clicked the signin button and nothing happened. My games from XGPU are there but need my account to continue.I opened Microsoft Store, and it shows cannot load the...
  7. Cannot change build in admin name/login name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change build in admin name/login name: Hi, I am having trouble changing the admin name /login name as a build in user. I have tried all four ways advised online for changing the name and nothing seemed to work. Is there an alternative way or is it not possible?...
  8. admin user account display name on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin user account display name on login: I cannot change the display name when I log into my computer. Other posts say to go to user accounts and click it twice, but I do not see a second user account option. I have tried all the options available....
  9. Cannot use my name for my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use my name for my Microsoft account.: I tried to put my name "Lach" on my Microsoft account and it says that I cannot because it contains a word or phrase that is not allowed. How do I solve this issue so that my account name has my correct information?...
  10. Display Name is My Email (Email shown twice on Login screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Name is My Email (Email shown twice on Login screen): Hello, I upgraded to Win10 recently and I have an issue that I was only able to find two insiders had in the past with no resolution. I previously had Windows 8.1 and did an upgrade to 10 on both my laptop and my desktop. The problem I'm having is that it is showing my...