Windows 10: Cannot use my PIN

Discus and support Cannot use my PIN in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm close to giving up! https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsi5lsx0nb...PIN-3.jpg?dl=0 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Terrypin, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Terrypin Win User

Cannot use my PIN

Terrypin, Apr 22, 2017
  2. Terrypin Win User

Having spent far too long on this I forced myself to abandon it. I've instead removed the need for both pin AND password. On this solo-use PC that presents no significant security risk.

For curiosity, academic interest and in case I ever decide to return to pin use, I'd still be interested to hear from anyone who has resolved the problem or has any further practical advice about it please.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot use my PIN

1. Cannot use my PIN - Similar Threads - Cannot PIN

2. My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...: Hi everyone,My PC is having a problem. Last night it was working perfectly, but now all of a sudden I cannot log in at all. Not only that, the pin I used to get in is now incorrect, and I have no internet connection. I can’t get any internet, I only have the airplane mode...
  3. My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...: Hi everyone,My PC is having a problem. Last night it was working perfectly, but now all of a sudden I cannot log in at all. Not only that, the pin I used to get in is now incorrect, and I have no internet connection. I can’t get any internet, I only have the airplane mode...
  4. How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?

How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?: My laptop does not allow me to log in via my Microsoft account. It just says: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."When setting up the PIN it only allows me to send a text message to my old...
  5. How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?: My laptop does not allow me to log in via my Microsoft account. It just says: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."When setting up the PIN it only allows me to send a text message to my old...
  6. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10: I have always been able to pin my choice of most used files to tiles e.g. workbooks to the Excel tile on the Start menu and documents to the Word tile on the Start menu. This stopped working and now the tiles show only my most recently opened files in the tile list and whilst...
  7. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10: I have always been able to pin my choice of most used files to tiles e.g. workbooks to the Excel tile on the Start menu and documents to the Word tile on the Start menu. This stopped working and now the tiles show only my most recently opened files in the tile list and whilst...
  8. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

9. Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it: Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it. I can only sign in to my computer using my email address and password. If I go to Settings -> Accounts -> Ways to sign in the PIN Windows Hello states This option is currently unavailable. I am unable to reset this...
  10. Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it

Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it: Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it. I can only sign in to my computer using my email address and password. If I go to Settings -> Accounts -> Ways to sign in the PIN Windows Hello states This option is currently unavailable. I am unable to reset this...