Windows 10: Cannot use PIN code to view passwords using Credential Manager

Discus and support Cannot use PIN code to view passwords using Credential Manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When viewing passwords in credential manager I usually type in my PIN number when prompted but now it wont take it and keeps asking for userid and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ikbish1, Aug 24, 2019.

1. ikbish1 Win User

Cannot use PIN code to view passwords using Credential Manager

When viewing passwords in credential manager I usually type in my PIN number when prompted but now it wont take it and keeps asking for userid and password. I have tried several ids but it doesnt work. I prefer to use my PIN. I have no problems logging in to windows using my PIN

:)

ikbish1, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Steeboo Win User

Managing Credentials with no password

The CREDENTIAL MANAGER - which, as I am logged in to my laptop - with NO user name / password (I chose to bypass this at build) - doesn't let me view
    MY OWN list of passwords !!!

How do I view MY OWN password list ?

Steeboo, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Steeboo Win User

I am referring to the CREDENTIAL MANAGER - which, as I am logged in to my laptop - with NO user name / password (I chose to bypass this at build) - doesn't let me view MY OWN list of passwords !!!

How do I view MY OWN password list ?

Also - why was the response above - marked as THE ANSWER ?

It was NOT the answer and I feel that in assuming that it was the answer is PRESUMPTUOUS !!

I have removed this assumption....

Steeboo, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Steeboo Win User

How do I access my password list - when I am running my PC without any Windows login or password ?

I have built my laptop using Windows 10 / 64 - without the need/requirement for any login or password

In order to see a Web Credentials password, you are required to enter a Windows credentials password - which I do not have (because I have built the PC without the requirement for such a login) .....(although I have tried my Hotmail login - which gives me
    access to email but fails to give me access to Web credentials)

What can I do to view my password list ?

And Eashwar Kumar - rather weirdly (for an IT pro) asked me the following - yesterday

1. I am referring to the passwords held in the CREDENTIAL MANAGER (in the control panel)

2. I am referring to ALL of my passwords

3. The Credential Manager is independent of browser !

[Merged]

Steeboo, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot use PIN code to view passwords using Credential Manager - Similar Threads - Cannot PIN code

2. View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?: Hello,I would like to view the password I have highlighted in the included screenshot link.There aren't any options to view it, and attempts to edit the password have seemingly failed as the password does not update. I have also tried restarting the PC to no avail.I can...
  3. View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?: Hello,I would like to view the password I have highlighted in the included screenshot link.There aren't any options to view it, and attempts to edit the password have seemingly failed as the password does not update. I have also tried restarting the PC to no avail.I can...
  4. Password reset using pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset using pin: I forgot my win10 password but I remember my pin. Is there any way to restore or disable my password without losing data. I have tried using the command 'net user administrator *' in cmd as administrator but it doesn't't work.Can anyone help me please?...
  5. Use Password Instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Password Instead of PIN: I've always used a password to sign in to Windows but recently Windows forced me to change to a numerical PIN. I have tried to change it back by going to "Sign-in options" but there is no option to come up with a password. I tried to select "Windows Hello PIN" but it says...
  6. I can't view my saved passwords using credential manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't view my saved passwords using credential manager: HiI am having this issue with credential manager not showing my passwords for several years and I use workarounds which are not efficient. So I decided to ask about it here.When I try yo view my saved passwords, say to use it on my phone, I go to edge setting, and I find the...
  7. Credentials Manager to view stored Passwords

Credentials Manager to view stored Passwords: Hi all, I was trying to locate a stored password through Credentials Manager. Everything went fine till the time I clicked the 'show' button against the desired stored credentials. A window popped up asking : 'Please verify your credentials to view the stored passwords';...
  8. Credential Manager passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credential Manager passwords: In the control panel >credential manager >after expanded I cant view my passwords how do i display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager-passwords/adbd9b22-b8e0-4a8a-8a48-b96217641562
  9. "Cannot use this feature without credentials"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Cannot use this feature without credentials": Encountered error "Cannot use this feature without credentials" when trying to open an IRM excel file. Please advice solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-this-feature-without-credentials/6e67cfad-0983-41d1-aebe-36b50aa25126
  10. Use PIN but not password

Use PIN but not password: I use my Microsoft password to access several devices. Other people use my password to access some of the devices, which is OK becauise I only have shared work data on them. However, I also use the same password on my main PC, on which I also have private data. I use a PIN on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 view passwords in credential manager

2. view credential no pin

3. cant view passwords in windows

4. credential manager not accepting pin,
  5. credential manager pin not working,
  6. credential manager password or pin