Windows 10: cannot use PIN option to sign into my computer, cannot use a personal account

Discus and support cannot use PIN option to sign into my computer, cannot use a personal account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello! Recently, my PIN sign-in option hasn't been working. It all started when I configured my Microsoft account few weeks ago, which I didn't know... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CassyL, May 7, 2019.

1. CassyL Win User

cannot use PIN option to sign into my computer, cannot use a personal account

Hello!

Recently, my PIN sign-in option hasn't been working. It all started when I configured my Microsoft account few weeks ago, which I didn't know what it meant.

First, my school email stopped working on my Mail app, and I thought I just needed to reenter the password for the email account to reset. However, I guess the prompt actually took me down a path where I ended up signing up my school email account as my computer's user account.

Then, I began to unable to sign-in my computer using my PIN. I was still able to use my password, which is my personal outlook account's password. This is weird now. If Microsoft is telling me that I cannot use a PIN because it does not comply with my school account's security setting (which implies my school account took rule over my computer), why was my personal account's password still working

I am very confused. The bottom line is, I want to use my personal account for my computer, and microsoft won't let me.

Help cannot use PIN option to sign into my computer, cannot use a personal account 812e1331-83e9-4434-a3f4-49669bbee180?upload=true.png

:)

CassyL, May 7, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 7, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    PIN issue - signing in on a different computer

Hi Zelina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

A PIN is local to the device. It isn’t transmitted anywhere and it isn’t stored on the server unlike password. When a PIN is created, it establishes a trusted relationship with the identity provider and creates an asymmetric key pair that is used for
    authentication. PIN is tied to the specific device on which it was set up. That PIN is of no use without that specific hardware.

You can bypass the option to sign in with PIN while setting up the account on PC. You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Sign in with your boyfriend’s account.
    • Press Win + R keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog and type the following into the Run box: netplwiz
    • Remove your account from there.
    • Add your account again, skip the PIN setup when it prompts you to.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you need by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, May 7, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. cannot use PIN option to sign into my computer, cannot use a personal account - Similar Threads - cannot PIN option

2. I cannot sign into my computer using my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into my computer using my microsoft account: I have just re-installed windows 10 on my laptop, and now i cannot sign into windows using my microsoft account, i always get a time out and an oops somthing went wrong.I know my passwrod is correct, and i have tried re-starting my machine. I always get the same result....
  3. I cannot sign into my computer using my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot sign into my computer using my microsoft account: I have just re-installed windows 10 on my laptop, and now i cannot sign into windows using my microsoft account, i always get a time out and an oops somthing went wrong.I know my passwrod is correct, and i have tried re-starting my machine. I always get the same result....
  4. I cannot sign into my computer using my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot use PIN to access account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use PIN to access account: This has been going on for weeks and is very annoying. Suddenly, a few weeks ago, my Win 10 began asking for password, not PIN, for access. This is not modifiable. All advice discovered, on this and other sites, has been tried without any success. The OS knows my PIN because...
  6. Cannot use PIN to access account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use PIN to access account: This has been going on for weeks and is very annoying. Suddenly, a few weeks ago, my Win 10 began asking for password, not PIN, for access. This is not modifiable. All advice discovered, on this and other sites, has been tried without any success. The OS knows my PIN because...
  7. Cannot use PIN to access account

8. Cannot sign in using Microsoft Account

Cannot sign in using Microsoft Account: I was in Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Single Language build 20231.1000. Then I reset the PC deleting all the files and since I deleted the previous installation of windows or may be due to other reasons, the same insider build got installed. Then, I can't sign in using my...
  9. I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option: I was able to use my fingerprint sign in option up until three days ago. It says that face and fingerprint recognition is not available on this device....
  10. Cannot use my PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot use my PIN: On bootup I am now asked for my password instead of my handy PIN. [img] Clicking this results in a very brief appearance of the 'spinner' then nothing. Nor is there a 'Forgot my PIN' facility anywhere, as mentioned in several articles. I haven't forgotten my PIN - it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows pin cannot use personal account

2. the letters on my pin to sign in to my computer isnt working