Windows 10: Cannot use recent locations list to change directories

Discus and support Cannot use recent locations list to change directories in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Several times per day, Windows Explorer will have a problem where I can show the list of recent locations by pressing Ctrl+L or clicking the address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelD123_214, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Cannot use recent locations list to change directories

Several times per day, Windows Explorer will have a problem where I can show the list of recent locations by pressing Ctrl+L or clicking the address bar, but when I try to click one of the locations or type one manually, it does nothing. There is no consistency in what I'm doing at the time, what I'm trying to access local and network shares, time of day, network connection, etc, to try and narrow it down. Just hoping someone else has experienced this and has a fix. The only solution so far is restarting Explorer which is a HUGE time waste sometimes, if I'm working in multiple folders/tabs/w

:)

MichaelD123_214, Apr 24, 2024

2. Recent Directories in Windows 10

Hi Phil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Yes, the recent directory list is not available in the quick access and frequent directories list doesn't appear in the Quick access. As this feature is by design. So I suggest you to give your feedback in Windows feedback app.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 24, 2024
  3. corrywd Win User
    Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Apr 24, 2024
  4. mrgeek Win User

Cannot use recent locations list to change directories

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Cannot use recent locations list to change directories 165477d1511619904t-correct-directory-location-pictures-folder-screenshot_1.jpg

mrgeek, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Cannot use recent locations list to change directories

1. Cannot use recent locations list to change directories - Similar Threads - Cannot recent locations

2. Cannot use recent locations list to change directories

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use recent locations list to change directories: Several times per day, Windows Explorer will have a problem where I can show the list of recent locations by pressing Ctrl+L or clicking the address bar, but when I try to click one of the locations or type one manually, it does nothing. There is no consistency in what I'm...
  3. cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change save location: i am trying to change my default save location to one drive, and when i try to change it in advanced storage settings, onedrive isn’t even an option. i can only save things to “Windows C:”...
  4. cannot change save location

cannot change save location: i am trying to change my default save location to one drive, and when i try to change it in advanced storage settings, onedrive isn’t even an option. i can only save things to “Windows C:”...
  5. Onedrive backup changes directory location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive backup changes directory location: To ensure enough disk storage space I moved the location of Documents, Desktop, Pictures etc. ie all data directories to a larger drive D:. To my dismay when I executed a One Drive backup this caused the Documents, Desktop and Pictures directories to be moved back to C: drive...
  6. Onedrive backup changes directory location

Onedrive backup changes directory location: To ensure enough disk storage space I moved the location of Documents, Desktop, Pictures etc. ie all data directories to a larger drive D:. To my dismay when I executed a One Drive backup this caused the Documents, Desktop and Pictures directories to be moved back to C: drive...
  7. Cannot delete Internet Shortcut - "This is no longer located in directory."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete Internet Shortcut - "This is no longer located in directory.": So I uninstalled and refunded a Steam game I bought and disliked. The internet shortcut that Steam automatically made on my desktop is still there as with this earth icon and still has the game's name on it. When I attempt to delete it, the error message in the title of this...
  8. Recent new directories

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent new directories: Had some difficulty getting my system up and running, still don't know what the problem was but after it started running again, I found many new (old dates) on the system and cannot explain them, maybe someone has some insight. [img] This one troubles me. [img] These...
  9. Print a directory list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print a directory list: How do I print a list of the files in a folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-a-directory-list/549c4bf3-6068-449e-96c9-004042337cd4"
  10. Directory Listing

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory Listing: How do I create my File names with the date at the front of the so that all the files are sorted mm-yy? 49879