Windows 10: Cannot use scroll Function after upgrading

Discus and support Cannot use scroll Function after upgrading in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgraded my Acer notebook from Windows 7 Pro the other day. Although my touchpad is working fine, I cannot have it enable scrolling. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fin kid, Jul 25, 2016.

1. fin kid Win User

Cannot use scroll Function after upgrading

Hi,
    I just upgraded my Acer notebook from Windows 7 Pro the other day. Although my touchpad is working fine, I cannot have it enable scrolling. I remember that I had a Synaptics touchpad driver used in the Win 7 OS. After searching around on the web, I attempted the following registry tweak in order to have this work:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPEnh\UseScrollCursor set to 0

This did not work, so I explored the manufacturer's website to look around for a driver update. It turned out that Acer does not support my laptop make (Aspire 5750g) for Win 10 driver; so I downloaded the driver from Synaptics' website (Synaptics_v19_0_19_1__C__x86-x64__Win10__Signed__MS_Win10_UXUI) . However, when attempting to install, I got the warning message attached.

Cannot use scroll Function after upgrading [​IMG]

Although I attempted to install this anyways in a desperate attempt to make it work, this did not do the job.

The list of installed programs shows v15 of the touchpad driver still there. However, I am not able to remove this:

Cannot use scroll Function after upgrading [​IMG]

(That dll file is indeed not there)

Can anyone please help me with this ? Many thanks in advance !

:)

fin kid, Jul 25, 2016

2. upgraded to Win 10 and cannot scroll using mousepad

I upgraded to Win 10 today and no matter what I do I cannot scroll up or down using the mousepad. I've tried restarting, went into mouse settings, all without success. I can move the cursor around using the mousepad but cannot scroll using finger on mousepad.
    I can scroll up and down by using the side up/down arrows. This issue only happened after upgrading to 10.

robertcoates, Jul 25, 2016
  3. The scroll function on my touchpad does not work

The scroll function on my touchpad does not work after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

caroljones151, Jul 25, 2016
  4. fin kid Win User

Bump. I would be grateful if anyone could please assist me with this.
    Many thanks for your help.

fin kid, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot use scroll Function after upgrading - Similar Threads - Cannot scroll Function

2. Cannot use windows search function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use windows search function: I am not able to type in the quick search bar on my windows 10 computer, This issue also affects the file explorer as I am not able to search there either. I also noticed the windows button will have a 3-4 second delay before opening the start menu. I have tried other...
  3. Cannot use windows search function

in Cortana
    Cannot use windows search function: I am not able to type in the quick search bar on my windows 10 computer, This issue also affects the file explorer as I am not able to search there either. I also noticed the windows button will have a 3-4 second delay before opening the start menu. I have tried other...
  4. Cannot use windows search function

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Some Windows functionalities cannot be used

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Windows functionalities cannot be used: After some recent update most notably MS Edge, I cannot click Start menu button. Right-clicking works, but left-clicking makes a "Critical Error" window popping up, saying "Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in." Beside the Start button...
  6. Scroll functionality in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll functionality in Paint 3D: When using the scroll wheel in Paint 3D, it zooms in/out, which is totally not what I want it to be. How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-functionality-in-paint-3d/b036fb59-98b9-4f6f-9679-1555c2bd7e65
  7. Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade: Just upgraded to 1903 yesterday. Decided to try out Windows Sandbox. However, when I go to the program selection box, Windows Sandbox is grayed out with the message: Windows Sandbox cannot be installed: Virtualization is disabled in the firmware. Same message for Windows...
  8. Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade: Just upgraded to 1903 yesterday. Decided to try out Windows Sandbox. However, when I go to the program selection box, Windows Sandbox is grayed out with the message: Windows Sandbox cannot be installed: Virtualization is disabled in the firmware. Same message for Windows...
  9. Mouse scroll not functioning...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scroll not functioning...: My mouse Scroller is not functioning. I scroll up and down but on the screen nothing happens...Please help ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-scroll-not-functioning/13105748-cfc8-4e15-b36c-1de9d6c58134
  10. working of scroll function on touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    working of scroll function on touchpad: scroll function of my hp laptop is not working because of the driver issue having window 10 installed in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/working-of-scroll-function-on-touchpad/3224178b-05ca-40eb-a7a4-6a053676ece3