Windows 10: Cannot use search or address bars in Windows.

Discus and support Cannot use search or address bars in Windows. in Cortana to solve the problem; I cannot use any search bars, etc. This is Win 10 latest edition with update. I have tried a number of fixes as published in the Microsoft community... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TerenceMolter, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Cannot use search or address bars in Windows.

I cannot use any search bars, etc. This is Win 10 latest edition with update. I have tried a number of fixes as published in the Microsoft community help pages as follows: 1) did the text services framework in task scheduler 2) did a task manager restart 3)" Reregistered" Cortana 4) Ran SFC & DISM

I have tried switching browsers from Edge to Chrome, as well as a bunch of settings changes in permissions, etc. Restarting the computer seems to help each time, but only temporarily!

Please help. - Terry

:)

TerenceMolter, Sep 29, 2019
  2. brummyfan Win User

IE11 address bar suggestions

Hi,
    Go to Internet Options, click Autocomplete Settings in Content tab, tick "Suggesting URLs" box and click OK.

Cannot use  search or address bars in Windows. [​IMG]

brummyfan, Sep 29, 2019
  3. delete address bar history

Hi,

Due to the limited information shared on your post regarding the drop-down list in Internet Explorer address bar, we would like to ask for additional information to help us identify the steps to solve your concern. Please answer the following:

• What is the current build and version of the Windows 10 device that you are using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you referring to the automatic search when typing in the address bar?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Cannot use search or address bars in Windows.

IE11 address bar suggestions

I prefer IE11 over edge but one thing I noticed is when I start typing an address or search term in the address bar I only get a list of some historical sites. There is no drop down showing any suggestions (which I see on my other Windows 7 machine). If I type a word and press enter the search does work as the results are all displayed in the main browser window. It's just the drop down suggestions as you type I am wondering about. Does the feature even work on Windows 10? I thought it would of been enabled by default - how does one enable this feature? I'm not bothered if it's Bing or google powered, would just like it to work.

cheers
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Cannot use search or address bars in Windows.

1. Cannot use search or address bars in Windows. - Similar Threads - Cannot search address

2. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  3. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  4. Cannot Navigate to a Network Location Using Address Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Navigate to a Network Location Using Address Bar: Hi Community,I have a Windows 10 user that has several mapped network drives. The user would prefer to use the address bar located at the top of file explorer to get to a network drive location, such as entering \\remote-network-locationin the address bar I marked with the...
  5. Cannot Navigate to a Network Location Using Address Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Navigate to a Network Location Using Address Bar: Hi Community,I have a Windows 10 user that has several mapped network drives. The user would prefer to use the address bar located at the top of file explorer to get to a network drive location, such as entering \\remote-network-locationin the address bar I marked with the...
  6. Cannot Navigate to a Network Location Using Address Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot Click/Use Windows Search Bar.

in Cortana
    Cannot Click/Use Windows Search Bar.: I am unable to access the search bar on my taskbar. I cannot click it at all. Cortana and the Windows button still work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-clickuse-windows-search-bar/ba09c81d-9ea7-4d4a-834b-e67f6d4e58d7
  8. Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?: [ATTACH] This came in a recent Windows 10 update for me. I've tried Googling the answer but all posts are for changing the width (just dragging it..), something about Winaero Tweaker (which I've tried), and one post about editing something in registry:...
  9. Search on new tabs uses search box or address bar query

in Browsers and Email
    Search on new tabs uses search box or address bar query: Hi folks, So I'm getting used to the features of Microsoft Edge Chromium that I installed not too long ago. There is something I don't understand though. In Privacy and services/Address bar when I select Google as my default engine a new option becomes available - "Search...
  10. Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search

in Browsers and Email
    Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search: I am using Firefox 61.0.2 under W10. If I type a search term in the Search Bar, it searches using Bing just as I set it up. Fine. However, if I want to search by putting a term in the Address Bar it insists on using Google. I don't want that, I want Bing. Is there anyway I...