Windows 10: Cannot use special characters on the keyboard

Discus and support Cannot use special characters on the keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed two languages, French and Spanish. However I cannot use a trema above letters or use the wave in Spanish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MiguelStefko, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Cannot use special characters on the keyboard

I installed two languages, French and Spanish. However I cannot use a trema above letters or use the wave in Spanish

:)

MiguelStefko, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Zkuggi Win User

Special keyboard characters.

I cannot find the special characters "ð" and "þ" in the Keyboard.

These are special Icelandic characters, Do they exist at all?

If not does anyone know if they will come with the Mango update?

Zkuggi, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Change keyboard combination of a special character

How can I change key-combination of special characters on a specific language keyboard?

Example:

On a keyboard there is a key-combination for a special character. I want to be able to:

1. Use this key-combo for another special char.

or

2. Use another key-combo for this special char.

More specifically, I want to insert Unicode 200C character (zero width non-joiner) with Ctrl+Space or Shift+Space keys.

Is this even possible in windows 10?

HessamAlizadeh, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Greggggg Win User

Cannot use special characters on the keyboard

Special characters ^

How do you type the special character ^ (it's what you get when you type Shift-6 on a standard keyboard). I cant' find a way to get this character on the keyboard -- I'm forced to use copy/paste to copy the character from another source and paste it where
    I need it.

Greggggg, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Cannot use special characters on the keyboard

1. Cannot use special characters on the keyboard - Similar Threads - Cannot special characters

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. typing special characters

typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  4. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  5. Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: While I have successfully created layouts with the MKLC utility, my last attempt involved enhancing the keyboard with special characters through the Alt Gr + key combination. I wanted to add characters such as: Alt Gr + S: ßAlt Gr + <: «Alt Gr + >: » Alt Gr + :: …Alt Gr + N:...
  6. Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: While I have successfully created layouts with the MKLC utility, my last attempt involved enhancing the keyboard with special characters through the Alt Gr + key combination. I wanted to add characters such as: Alt Gr + S: ßAlt Gr + <: «Alt Gr + >: » Alt Gr + :: …Alt Gr + N:...
  7. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  8. Cannot type ALT+### Codes for Special Characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot type ALT+### Codes for Special Characters: This problem has gone one for 3 years. ALT+### codes do not work for most Windows Apps. I have had Windows Support troubleshoot this, with no success. I have had SteelSeries (keyboard manufacturer) troubleshoot this, with no success. The only app I have that it works with is...
  9. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...
  10. Searching for special characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for special characters: Hi all! I just purchased a new Dell with Windows 10. I had a Dell with Windows XP SP3 for ages, and when I made the mistake of updating one of my drivers... Well, it was getting to be time to update... I've a few more grey hairs now. Anyway, in my old machine, when I...