Windows 10: Cannot use the dedicated graphics card

Discus and support Cannot use the dedicated graphics card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an AMD A8 Processor with integrated graphics and a dedicated 2 Gb Graphics card. My rendering and design soft wares need more Vram to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AvinashNair1, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Cannot use the dedicated graphics card

I have an AMD A8 Processor with integrated graphics and a dedicated 2 Gb Graphics card.

My rendering and design soft wares need more Vram to run smoothly but currently only use 512MB of Vram. i cannot seem to use the dedicated graphics card in any way how do i enable the option?

By Bios setting doesnt provide the option to disable one of the graphics setting.

Cannot use the dedicated graphics card 06ec1ecb-368f-4446-aefe-4ee2205b196b?upload=true.jpg

Cannot use the dedicated graphics card 9be848ca-e2e8-497c-bcb6-7b5319fb4826?upload=true.jpg

:)

AvinashNair1, Dec 19, 2018

2. Switchable graphics, Dedicated graphics

Thank you for following up. For better assistance on switchable graphics and dedicated graphics, we would suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your graphics card.

Jomari Arc, Dec 19, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Cannot use the dedicated graphics card

Dedicated graphic card display improperly.

I bought new PC and connect my graphic card (GTX 1060) to HDMI port of my monitor. I also connect VGA ports of monitor and motherboard. The problem is the graphic card cannot display desktop icons, applications...... The screenshot I took show 2 desktops: normal one of Intel HD 530 and blank desktop of GTX 1060.

Cannot use the dedicated graphics card [​IMG]

Another thing is there is no option for "Preferred graphic processor" in NVIDIA Control Panel so I cannot use it to play video games:

Cannot use the dedicated graphics card [​IMG]

DogeVeryWow, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Cannot use the dedicated graphics card

1. Cannot use the dedicated graphics card - Similar Threads - Cannot dedicated graphics

2. Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card: I recently reinstall windows on my laptop and since then it's not using the rtx 1050 that's in it, looking at task manager shows 0% usage at all times, with simple videos lagging constantly. I downloaded nvidia geforce experience to update the drivers, and disabled the...
  3. Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card: I recently reinstall windows on my laptop and since then it's not using the rtx 1050 that's in it, looking at task manager shows 0% usage at all times, with simple videos lagging constantly. I downloaded nvidia geforce experience to update the drivers, and disabled the...
  4. Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Opera GX not using dedicated graphics card

Opera GX not using dedicated graphics card: Well, the problem is that I've been using Opera GX, but i noticed that everything like pdfs videos, were lagging a bit. Then i opened up the task manager and found out that the browser was using my intel gpu instead of my nvidia gpu. so i set it to the dedicated gpu on nvidia...
  6. Dedicated graphics card apearing in devices but not ever being used.

Dedicated graphics card apearing in devices but not ever being used.: I have 2 graphics card, a dedicated and integrated The dedicated one is AMD Radeon RX 5500 and the integrated one is AMD RadeonTM Vega 8 Graphics. The integrated one is always used and its set as the graphics card for battery saving AND performance mode, meaning if i put...
  7. Laptops with a dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptops with a dedicated graphics card: A friend of mine has just bought a laptop with Windows 10 and a dedicated graphics card. I am attaching a few screenshots below so that I can ask you a few questions.1. In PCs a dedicated graphics card is a totally separate piece of hardware, but what about laptops with a...
  8. Windows Photos Will Not Use Nvidia Dedicated Graphics Card

Windows Photos Will Not Use Nvidia Dedicated Graphics Card: Windows Photos does not allow the user to switch the GPU to a dedicated GPU on laptops, its grayed out as an option. Before you say this was addressed in another thread and there are many on this because it was never resolved, please make sure to note that NONE of those...
  9. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory: i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games and design based software have issues running because the dedicated graphics memory is only 512MB. who do in use the full 2 gb...
  10. Dedicated graphic card display improperly.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dedicated graphic card display improperly.: I bought new PC and connect my graphic card (GTX 1060) to HDMI port of my monitor. I also connect VGA ports of monitor and motherboard. The problem is the graphic card cannot display desktop icons, applications...... The screenshot I took show 2 desktops: normal one of Intel...