Windows 10: Cannot use the file explorer through any browser

Discus and support Cannot use the file explorer through any browser in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has been an issue for over a month now for me. I first noticed it when I was trying to submit a file on my college website, as soon as the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Deus Umbra, May 24, 2020.

1. Cannot use the file explorer through any browser

This has been an issue for over a month now for me. I first noticed it when I was trying to submit a file on my college website, as soon as the file explorer opened, it froze up and after a few seconds crashed. I thought it was just a Google Chrome issue at first and tried using Firefox but the exact same thing happened. At that point I thought maybe it was something with uploading, so I tried saving an image and the same thing happened. I then decided to try Edge since I never use it but I can't even open Edge without it crashing instantly before loading anything. I've tried just about every fix I've come across online and nothing has made any difference. This has now become a very serious issue for me since I am now a graduate and need to be able to upload my resume on job application sites.

Here is an example of the crash that gets reported in the event viewer:

Faulting application name: chrome.exe, version: 81.0.4044.138, time stamp: 0x5eac9798

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0xb29ecf52

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000008c45f

Faulting process id: 0x1918

Faulting application start time: 0x01d631fc326d42c4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files x86\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 46d6efe9-a862-4e4b-8875-93259f6461a0

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

And here is one for every time I try to open Edge:

Faulting application name: RuntimeBroker.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x4539d5a0

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00007ffbc241046e

Faulting process id: 0x41e8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d631fc48eb2622

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 61201530-d358-4403-a875-a9e387976296

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_44.18362.449.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: runtimebroker07f4358a809ac99a64a67c1

:)

Deus Umbra, May 24, 2020

2. Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1

Suggest steps to install Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1.

Thank you.

NurNadiahAbd Hamid, May 24, 2020
  3. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 24, 2020
  4. Cannot use the file explorer through any browser

how to set Internet Explorer as default browser in Windows 10

Hi George,

As you want to set Internet Explorer as the default browser, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, under Web browser, click on Microsoft edge and select
      Internet Explorer.
    • Restart the system and check.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Cannot use the file explorer through any browser

1. Cannot use the file explorer through any browser - Similar Threads - Cannot file explorer

2. File Explorer - cannot scroll/arrow through images properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - cannot scroll/arrow through images properly: Recently I've been having this issue where in a folder with multiple files images, I'll open an image and if I left-arrow, it always takes me to the last image listed in the folder and if I right-arrow, it always takes me to the very first listed image.What used to happen and...
  3. Cannot download office files in any browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot download office files in any browsers: HiI cannot download office documents from any browsers. Pdf, jpg and other files works fine. But excel or word files stops, In the Downloads list in Edge it says 0 B/s - 44.1 KB of 41.1 KB and then nothing happens and I cannot open the file. As mentioned all other file types...
  4. Cannot see any files in explorer to upload on browser tried on Chrome, Firefox & Edge

Cannot see any files in explorer to upload on browser tried on Chrome, Firefox & Edge: Hello Microsoft MVP, the Expert, and anybody who can help. Greetings to you.Am here seeking any technical solution to my query above.Before I begin, an apology if this question was asked and answered before by someone else. Tried to search in the community but find nothing...
  5. Can't download files using any browser

Can't download files using any browser: Windows 10 Pro, OS build 19041.685 Following the most recent Windows update I am unable to download files of more than a few megabytes using any internet browser - I have tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. I have no third party antivirus or security software installed, I have...
  6. I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey: When i was tabbing out of a game yesterday my computer somehow locked the office hyperkey stuff on (alt win shift ctrl) and most keys start opening apps or webpages. This makes my entire computer unusable if i ever decide to or the pc itself decides to open a browser. When i...
  7. Cannot access my onedrive through browsers

Cannot access my onedrive through browsers: I am working on a Mac, and I cannot access my onedrive through browsers. It always says "Something went wrong, please try again and refresh the page." I've tried chrome and safari, neither of them works. However, the onedrive app is able to sync the content. Does anyone else...
  8. Cannot open any files in file explorer

Cannot open any files in file explorer: Hello, recently my file explorer has stopped working, whenever I try to open anything in the file explorer, on my C: or D: drives, it just shows the following error: [ATTACH] how can I fix this?...
  9. Cannot download files via any interner browsers

Cannot download files via any interner browsers: Hi, I am having issues downloading any exe and zip files (probably more file types) from any internet browsers (Edge, Firefox and chrome). When I click 'download', nothing happens at all. I have tried many ways but they simply don't work. Regards, Song...
  10. Cannot use keyboard in any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot use keyboard in any browser: We just updated our windows 7 laptop with windows 10. When we open Edge or Chrome, we cannot use keyboard to type anything either in search window or address bar. Browsers are also very slow to respond or freeze. Any idea what is happening? We can type in control panel search...