Windows 10: Cannot use the Nvidia Graphic card on my laptop

Discus and support Cannot use the Nvidia Graphic card on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a MSI laptop which comes with a Nvidia GTX 970M graphic card, however I couldn't use it as my primary graphic card. In the device manager,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MINGCL, Nov 16, 2019.

1. MINGCL Win User

Cannot use the Nvidia Graphic card on my laptop

I am using a MSI laptop which comes with a Nvidia GTX 970M graphic card, however I couldn't use it as my primary graphic card.

In the device manager, it does show the graphic card is working properly, but when I plug into another monitor/ use the laptop monitor and go to the setting of it, it shows they are using the intel graphic card instead of the GTX 970M and I couldn't find a way to switch/ activate that card.

:)

MINGCL, Nov 16, 2019
  2. viratarya Win User

nvidia graphic card probleum

I have Samsung laptop in built NVidia graphic card /did graphic card give some problem after some time ? and if I want to buy laptop which 1 u guys suggest mostly gameing perpose

viratarya, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 16, 2019
  4. Austin D Win User

MSI Laptop monitor uses integrated graphics vice NVIDIA card

I have an MSI laptop with a 120hz-capable monitor and a NVIDIA GTX 1060. Unfortunately, the monitor is using the integrated graphics card for the display instead of the NVIDIA card. How do I force it to use the NVIDIA card for the display instead of the integrated graphics card?

Issues I'm seeing: This force-limits my refresh rate to 60hz and causes noticeable visual performance issues in everyday applications on Windows (e.g., the screen lags when dragging an Excel 2016 window across the screen)

Observations: I dual-booted into Ubuntu and the screen refresh rate is now 120hz. So, since it works on Ubuntu but not on Windows (by default), I know this should be solvable at the O/S-level.

Similar questions that I've reviewed/attempted:

1. I have a NVIDIA GeForce graphics card as well as an integrated Intel HD graphics card
    2. Integrated graphics card being used over NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M in Toshiba laptop?
    3. Can I force Steam to use my Nvidia GPU instead of the integrated Intel card?
    4. No way my laptop will use nVidia chip instead of integrated graphics

Austin D, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot use the Nvidia Graphic card on my laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot Nvidia Graphic

2. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: Hi i have been using a gaming laptop asus tuf gaming a15 For about 5 months its great but when i tried to launch microsoft flight simulator it says i dont meet requirements which i do, And performance is greatly reduced after not finding a answer I re installed windows and it...
  3. I cannot use my second nVidia graphics card anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use my second nVidia graphics card anymore: i have an all in one pc which came with two graphics cards, a Intel R HD Graphics 5500, and a GeForce 820A. The GeForce 820A usually automatically assigns itself to games because it is more powerful and can run them better than the Intel R HD Graphics 5500.While I was on call...
  4. I cannot use my second nVidia graphics card anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot use my second nVidia graphics card anymore: i have an all in one pc which came with two graphics cards, a Intel R HD Graphics 5500, and a GeForce 820A. The GeForce 820A usually automatically assigns itself to games because it is more powerful and can run them better than the Intel R HD Graphics 5500.While I was on call...
  5. I cannot use my second nVidia graphics card anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Nvidia graphic card

Nvidia graphic card: My laptop broke down a few days ago and it got repaired and after the repair i was left in dust i had to start all over without knowing anything I downloaded my games but then realized that there was no graphic card in my laptop I don't know what to download how to download...
  7. NVIDIA graphics card not being used

NVIDIA graphics card not being used: I have tried just about everthing I can find only my games won't use NVIDIA high performance graphics card. The game in particular I am trying to get to work is GTAV. I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 and NVIDIA Geforce Gtx 1050. The Geforce is listed...
  8. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...
  9. Graphic card nvidia

Graphic card nvidia: I recently did a clean installation of windows 10 and after installing the new os windows wont detect and use my primary graphic card which is nvidia 940mx and i tried installing the latest drivers but it still uses on board graphics what shoud i do? P.S: i tried the nvidia...
  10. Laptop with Intel HD Graphics + Nvidia card - when are the two used?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop with Intel HD Graphics + Nvidia card - when are the two used?: Hi, my laptop has both Intel HD Graphics 530 and a NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 940M card I've realised that the latter's tray icon always seems to report 'inactive' if I hover over the icon. How do I know if it's ever used, and in what circumstances should I expect it to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop cannot use graphic card

2. cannot use nvidia graphics