Windows 10: Cannot Use Unallocated Drive Space After Ubuntu Deletion.

Discus and support Cannot Use Unallocated Drive Space After Ubuntu Deletion. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot use this unallocated space for creating a new drive or expanding an existing one. This thread will give you the history. Unallocated Space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sidhelps, Jun 20, 2017.

1. sidhelps Win User

Cannot Use Unallocated Drive Space After Ubuntu Deletion.

I cannot use this unallocated space for creating a new drive or expanding an existing one.
    This thread will give you the history.
    Unallocated Space Recovery

:)

sidhelps, Jun 20, 2017
  2. BuzzLS Win User

Delete Empty Disk Partition in Windows 10

Thanks. However, after deleting the drive, I now have 10.8 GB of "unallocated space." How can I move that to the C drive? I tried to right-click the C drive and use "Extend Drive," but that is greyed out. As I understand it, I can only extend the
    C drive to unallocated space immediately to the right. Unfortunately, I cannot move the volumes on Disk 1. Can I convert the unallocated space to a Simple Volume and then move it? I don't want to reformat the drive. I'm very busy this week and this nonsense
    has already taken too much time - I don't understand why Windows can't give me a simple way to reclaim my unallocated space - especially since the option to delete system files was advertised (by Windows) as a way to free up space. Converting that space to
    a very small volume or to unusable unallocated space is NOT freeing up space!!!!

Cannot Use Unallocated Drive Space After Ubuntu Deletion. [​IMG]

BuzzLS, Jun 20, 2017
  3. Can Reset This PC -> Remove Everything for Windows 10 also delete all the partitions on my HDD?

I want to Reset my Laptop running Windows 10, but I also want it to delete all of my partitions (including an Ubuntu Partition, a recovery partition, unallocated space, etc.) Does Reset This PC do this, or will it not delete my other partitions such as
    the Ubuntu Partition?

FusedAtoms, Jun 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

You appear to have good answers there.

But it is unclear how or why an attempt to create a new partition out of that space fails, if indeed that's what you wish to do.
    Please detail the steps you have tried to create a new partition, and post a screenshot showing how this fails.

Example:

Cannot Use Unallocated Drive Space After Ubuntu Deletion. [​IMG]

Here I rt clicked on the unallocated space, then clicked Create New Simple Volume.
    Could you please post what you see?
    to post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon to the left of the video icon above your post.

It should be perfectly possible to create a new partition from within Windows. If you can't, boot your PC using Kyhi's boot disk available from the top of the Software and Apps section here, and run Minitool Partition Wizard - on that disk.

That should bypass any restrictions imposed by Windows. If there are any, that is.

dalchina, Jun 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Cannot Use Unallocated Drive Space After Ubuntu Deletion. - Similar Threads - Cannot Unallocated Drive

2. Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...: When I try to right click and create a "new simple volume" , I get an error that says there is not enough disk space. I also tried reinstalling Ubuntu to check if I can install again on this disk space. How can I get back this disk space/reinstall on this unallocated space?...
  3. Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...: When I try to right click and create a "new simple volume" , I get an error that says there is not enough disk space. I also tried reinstalling Ubuntu to check if I can install again on this disk space. How can I get back this disk space/reinstall on this unallocated space?...
  4. Cannot create a dev drive on unallocated space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create a dev drive on unallocated space: I'm trying to create a dev drive in Windows 11 on some unallocated space, however when I try I get this error message:Unable to format volume. Error: Cannot perform the requested operation when the drive is read-only 8The unallocated space changes to 'RAW' in disk managment....
  5. Cannot create a dev drive on unallocated space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create a dev drive on unallocated space: I'm trying to create a dev drive in Windows 11 on some unallocated space, however when I try I get this error message:Unable to format volume. Error: Cannot perform the requested operation when the drive is read-only 8The unallocated space changes to 'RAW' in disk managment....
  6. Unallocated Space on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated Space on Hard Drive: I had a disk failure caused by a failed UPS. Before I realised I had tried to repair Windows. The disk is 1Tb, I also had a 1Tb disk used for file storage but I think this is on the verge of failings although it can still be read.I purchased a 2Tb HDD and was able to clone...
  7. Cannot extend drives from unallocated space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot extend drives from unallocated space: Hello, i have 2 unallocated volumes but i can only extend from the 582 GB one.The 93 GB one doesnt wanna extend into the D: volume or the C: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-extend-drives-from-unallocated-space/9c96d0fc-23fc-4fdf-b892-49efbac43947
  8. Cannot change unallocated space into partition with drive letter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot change unallocated space into partition with drive letter: I want to create a new partition inside Windows 21H1 for a new Macrium backup until I can later get a large enough USB stick (in addition: I want both internal and external storage). I did take some unallocated space from C:/ -- cannot have storage destination in C.\ or any...
  9. Cannot change unallocated space into partition with drive letter

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change unallocated space into partition with drive letter: I want to create a new partition inside Windows 21H1 for a new Macrium backup until I can later get a large enough USB stick (in addition: I want both internal and external storage). I did take some unallocated space from C:/ -- cannot have storage destination in C.\ or any...
  10. recovery of deleted unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recovery of deleted unallocated space.: Hi, While I have been working on my system for partition I had mistakenly deleted my unallocated space in disk management which is of nearly more than 900mb space.I need the unallocated space to be back in my system is there any way to recover that please if anyone knows...