Windows 10: Cannot use WI-310 Sony Bluetooth headset as a playback and recording device.

Discus and support Cannot use WI-310 Sony Bluetooth headset as a playback and recording device. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title states i cannot use the headset to talk on Discord/Skype or other VOIP applications. It only works as an audio playback device. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xalekx, Oct 14, 2020.

1. /u/xalekx Win User

Cannot use WI-310 Sony Bluetooth headset as a playback and recording device.

As the title states i cannot use the headset to talk on Discord/Skype or other VOIP applications. It only works as an audio playback device.

I have reinstalled bluetooth drivers still it does not work on win 10. However on my linux laptop the microphone works just fine and like it should.

Any idea on how to fix this?

submitted by /u/xalekx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xalekx, Oct 14, 2020

2. No sound if Bluetooth headset set to default playback and recording

I'm using a Bluetooth headset and for some reason when I set it to the default playback device as well as the default recording device (both normal and 'communication') then I don't get audio in Overwatch.

Tested:

• Have sound in Tharsis
    • Have sound in VLC
    • Have sound in Overwatch (windowed mode)
    • No sound in Skyrim
    • Have sound in Sykrim (windowed mode)
    • No sound in Orcs Must Die 2
    • Have sound in Orcs Must Die 2 (windowed mode)
      If I switch the default recording device to something else, then the audio does work.

I am using Windows 10.

The issue appears to be with the way games contact the audio device when in direct mode (not an expert on these things).

The headset did not come with a driver CD (appears to be built in in windows). How do I fix this issue?

Mr Universe, Oct 14, 2020
  3. My bluetooth headset isn't listed in the playback devices list.

Original Title: Bluetooth device in playback devices list Windows 10.

I want to connect my Bose headset to my computer. The Bluetooth device list show them as paired. However my headset isn't listed in the playback devices list; so, I my computer can't send sound to my headset. How can I get my headset added to the playback
    devices list?

Dan.Anderson.9308, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Dude Win User

Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.)

Post a screenshot of device manager with sound and video game controller expanded

Cannot use WI-310 Sony Bluetooth headset as a playback and recording device. [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Cannot use WI-310 Sony Bluetooth headset as a playback and recording device. - Similar Threads - Cannot 310 Sony

2. Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices: I paired my newly bought bluetooth headset to my pc Windows 10. When I go to Settings>Devices>Bluetooth & other devices, It show my headset is already connected and paired. And all devices are up-to-date. I resetted my pc recently Although it shows my device is ready to...
  3. Connecting to headset Sony WI 1000X

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to headset Sony WI 1000X: Hello, I have had no problem pairing and using my Sony WI 1000X with my phone or previous laptop. On my new laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise, my sony is "paired" but not "paired, connected for calls/audio". I've been trying and i cannot seem to get this to work. Anyone...
  4. Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device

Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device: I just got a new LG HBS-SL5 bluetooth headset that connects to my PC but the PC does not seem to recognize them as an audio device. I cannot use them for audio or as a mic. I have tried updating the driver, unpairing and repairing, and rebooting both the headset and PC. I...
  5. Headset not showing as a Playback Device

Headset not showing as a Playback Device: Whenever I plug in my headset it's detected, but the only playback device that I can select is my laptop speaker, I've already checked if its disabled in the control panel. Overall I can't find any solution to this problem....
  6. Bluetooth headset playback issues

Bluetooth headset playback issues: Hello community, here's the situation: I've got two bluetooth headsets that I often use to connect to my computer for gaming and video conferencing. Both of them have worked without issue for years, but today I tried to connect them and they do not play sounds correctly....
  7. Using a Bluetooth headset with an USB Bluetooth device

Using a Bluetooth headset with an USB Bluetooth device: I bought an USB bluetooth device and a bluetooth headset to play a game. However, as soon as I connected the headset to the computer to play the game, various problems occured. Then I realized when I speak I was not able to hear and the other way around was also problematic....
  8. Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.: Whenever I use my Game DVR and record something on my Windows 10 computer the audio playback is picking up my voice from my monitor and NOT my headset, how do I get it to playback from my headset microphone? ***Changed Original Title From: Capture Voice Problem***...
  9. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices: So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers, unplugged/restarted etc.. And one of them is a 3.5mm jack while the other is USB so it's not a port issue either. Would anybody...
  10. Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.)

Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.): I use an Acer Aspire with a hard drive pulled from a new Asus gaming laptop. Ever since making the change, every headset which I connect via the 3.5mm audio port have not appeared in the sound devices panel, although I can still hear sounds on my computer through them,...