Windows 10: Cannot use window account to log into laptop after reset

Discus and support Cannot use window account to log into laptop after reset in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had to have my laptop repair. A few mosfets needed to be repaired. I had factory reset my laptop. Now its fixed and I cannot log into my microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by crash525, Jan 17, 2021.

1. crash525 Win User

Cannot use window account to log into laptop after reset

I had to have my laptop repair. A few mosfets needed to be repaired. I had factory reset my laptop. Now its fixed and I cannot log into my microsoft account on the laptop. It signed put your email in and I do. Then the password. Then it asked for my current windows password one more time. I put it in and its wrong. I try different ones and they dont work. What the heck gives?

:)

crash525, Jan 17, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot use window account to log into laptop after reset - Similar Threads - Cannot window account

2. Cannot log into my account after reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into my account after reseting: I reset my laptop and after when I enter the my password for logging it shows following. I tried to logging using safe mode. But it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-my-account-after-reseting/058ae471-e0dc-4284-aee9-7fc06083a95b
  3. Cannot log into my account after reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log into my account after reseting: I reset my laptop and after when I enter the my password for logging it shows following. I tried to logging using safe mode. But it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-my-account-after-reseting/058ae471-e0dc-4284-aee9-7fc06083a95b
  4. Cannot log into my account after reseting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot log in to Microsoft account on laptop I need to reset Windows on after password reset.

Cannot log in to Microsoft account on laptop I need to reset Windows on after password reset.: Windows 10 will not start on my laptop and I would like to go forward with a save personal files reset. I get to the point that it requests my Microsoft account password after I select the save personal files resetmoption, but it does not recognize the password I set for my...
  6. After reset of windows 10 I cannot log in my laptop - it says no administrator account...

After reset of windows 10 I cannot log in my laptop - it says no administrator account...: Hello guys, I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10 from the beginning. I purchased it in 2018/May more or less. I used it for four months, then I got I job and had a working computer. Now I decided to give it to my brother so I reset it. After that action, the first...
  7. Cannot log into laptop after resetting password on account.live.com.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot log into laptop after resetting password on account.live.com.: Cannot log into laptop after resetting password on account.live.com. Computer software was updated last night not initiated by me and when it booted up, I have not been able to log in....
  8. Cannot get logged into Windows after Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get logged into Windows after Reset: I have tried to reset a Windows 10 laptop but then am unable to login. I tried to start in Safe Mode unsuccessfully and now I get a message saying Administrator account has been disabled. I have tried various ways to start up but nothing works....
  9. Cannot Log in after resetting Windows

Cannot Log in after resetting Windows: Hello Microsoft Community, My laptop today experienced a vicious loop of DPC Watchdog Violation errors, which the laptop freezes, enters the error, restarts and repeat. I was able to get into safe mode and chose to reset my Windows system with the Remove All My Files...
  10. cannot log into windows 10 after factory resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot log into windows 10 after factory resetting my laptop: I recently factory reset my laptop (did not keep personal files). after restarting, it took me to the login where it just says Other User. every combination of username and password does not work. there are also no networks that I can sign into, just airplane mode. I have...