Windows 10: Cannot use Windows 10 Fax and Scan application - told I don't have "security permissions"...

Discus and support Cannot use Windows 10 Fax and Scan application - told I don't have "security permissions"... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There is only one user account (myself) for this PC. I am the Administrator for the PC. So technically, I should have full access and control to all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joe Goggio, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Cannot use Windows 10 Fax and Scan application - told I don't have "security permissions"...

There is only one user account (myself) for this PC. I am the Administrator for the PC. So technically, I should have full access and control to all settings.

However, when I try to access “Tools>Fax Settings” I am denied access with this

message: "You do not have security permissions to complete this operation. Contact your fax administrator for more information." When I click "OK" on the dialog box, another dialog box pops up saying: "Access is denied." I have also tried to access “Tools>Fax Accounts” to add my account. When I try to connect to my built-in modem (LSI PCI–SV92EX Soft Modem) I am denied access with this message: "You do not have security permissions to complete this operation. Contact your fax administrator for more information."

I am completely blocked from using this application although I am logged on as the Administrator for the PC. I contacted Microsoft Support earlier and was advised to try a "clean boot". It did NOT work even with everything but Microsoft services disabled.

The "system" is shown as the owner of this application. I think the system posing as the "fax administrator" is denying me access. I have tried to uninstall this application but I am denied permission by the "trusted installer' i.e. Windows Update. Every new version of Windows 10 I download carries over the same "security permissions" denials of access.

I do not believe even Bill Gates could solve this dilemma. Does anyone have a bona fide "fix" for this extremely frustrating "denial of access" problem? Any help/advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you. - Joe

:)

Joe Goggio, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Sep 1, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Cannot use Windows 10 Fax and Scan application - told I don't have "security permissions"...

Restore Security Permissions

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have cancelled the security permissions while setting it to folders and you are trying to restore back. We will help you.

• Which folder are you trying to set the permissions?
    • What are you referring to " files is affected "?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the file explorer and select the destination folder
      for which you wanted to revert back the permission changes.
    • Right click on the folder. Select the Previous versions
      tab.
    • Select the previous version in the below list and click
      apply
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Cannot use Windows 10 Fax and Scan application - told I don't have "security permissions"...

1. Cannot use Windows 10 Fax and Scan application - told I don't have "security permissions"... - Similar Threads - Cannot Fax Scan

2. Problem using Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem using Windows Fax and Scan: I'm using Windows 11 and can successfully scan documents using the Fax and Scan application. The scanned document shows correctly in the preview panel at the bottom of the window. When I try to "View..." the scanned document I get an error message saying "Could not open...
  3. Problem using Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem using Windows Fax and Scan: I'm using Windows 11 and can successfully scan documents using the Fax and Scan application. The scanned document shows correctly in the preview panel at the bottom of the window. When I try to "View..." the scanned document I get an error message saying "Could not open...
  4. I don't have photo or documents as an option in the profile dropdown for Windows Fax and Scan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have photo or documents as an option in the profile dropdown for Windows Fax and Scan.: I don't have photo or documents as an option in the profile dropdown for Windows Fax and Scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-photo-or-documents-as-an-option-in-the/d5e9aaa6-7da7-49cf-813d-96359e5818c9
  5. I don't have photo or documents as an option in the profile dropdown for Windows Fax and Scan.

I don't have photo or documents as an option in the profile dropdown for Windows Fax and Scan.: I don't have photo or documents as an option in the profile dropdown for Windows Fax and Scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-photo-or-documents-as-an-option-in-the/d5e9aaa6-7da7-49cf-813d-96359e5818c9
  6. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  8. Windows 10 SCAN application is broken not working WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WORKS!!!

Windows 10 SCAN application is broken not working WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WORKS!!!: The Windows 10 application "Scan" has the following problems With the CanoScan 4400F: Preview: Previews only a too small portion of the scan bed and the resize function only allows the scan size to be reduced even further. Scan Fails: Fails immediately with the completely...
  9. Windows 10 fax & scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 fax & scan: will windows 10 fax and scan receive faxes if you are logged off computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fax-scan/f9329eea-5e0a-4080-a2e5-d79b8221c652
  10. windows fax and scan - do not access permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows fax and scan - do not access permission: I have accidentally change the access permission in fax setting. Now I am unable to access fax settings and fax account. Popup windows say "you do not have security permissions to complete this operation. Contact your administrator for more information." Have try running...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows fax and scan fax account security permissions