Windows 10: Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade

Discus and support Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just upgraded to 1903 yesterday. Decided to try out Windows Sandbox. However, when I go to the program selection box, Windows Sandbox is grayed out... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rzn6jw, May 29, 2019.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade

Just upgraded to 1903 yesterday. Decided to try out Windows Sandbox. However, when I go to the program selection box, Windows Sandbox is grayed out with the message: Windows Sandbox cannot be installed: Virtualization is disabled in the firmware. Same message for Windows Defender Application Guard.

I'm running Pro with an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU on a Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 7 motherboard. However, I can install the above on my other PC that's Pro with an AMD FX8370 on a Gigabyte 970-A-DS3P FX motherboard.

I've checked the BIOS on both PCs and can't see anything to configure for virtualization on either one.

Is this a BIOS function, a CPU function (I would think a Ryzen CPU would support virtualization) or a motherboard function?

Thanks.

:)

rzn6jw, May 29, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, May 29, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, May 29, 2019
  4. Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade

Windows Sandbox

Hello

Today I installed windows 10 1903 feature update using slow insider channel and I enabled the windows sandbox for turn windows features on and off and reboot my system but is still not showing this in my app list is there update problem or hardware limitations?

usmankha_923, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade

1. Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade - Similar Threads - Cannot Sandbox 1093

2. Cannot use programs/games after upgrading windows 8.1 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot use programs/games after upgrading windows 8.1 to windows 10: Recently I have upgraded my old windows 8.1 to windows 10. On my computer I got 2 HDD drives C and D. I have installed new windows on the C drive and when the computer launched I realized that I cannot play games which were previously installed both on C and D Drive. After...
  3. Cannot find Windows Sandbox in gpedit.msc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot find Windows Sandbox in gpedit.msc: Title says it all; Sandbox and Hyper-V are both enabled in the "add features" menu thingy. https://www.howto-connect.com/how-to-enable-virtualized-gpu-sharing-in-sandbox-windows-10/ I followed this because I need vGPU support to test some stuff I don't really want to run on...
  4. Sandbox practical use

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Sandbox practical use: I know developers can use it to test software and users can try out programs they are not sure about. Are there any other benefits for a regular user (not a developer or darknet user)? What do you do in the Sandbox? 162639
  5. Using camera with Windows Sandbox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using camera with Windows Sandbox: Hi, I'm trying to use my camera with Windows Sandbox but it isn't working. How can I fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-camera-with-windows-sandbox/47c1765b-85ce-47fc-957c-b82d1ef5d13b
  6. Create Sandbox in Windows 10 using Sandbox Configuration Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Create Sandbox in Windows 10 using Sandbox Configuration Manager: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Sandbox is a lightweight desktop environment which makes sure that you can run applications in isolation. The arrangement makes sure the app doesn’t get access to core Windows files and other system files. That said, it’s not straightforward to [...]...
  7. Cannot login after Windows 10 1093 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login after Windows 10 1093 update: I just installed the Windows 10 1903 update. My system has 3 users. My wife and son can login. I cannot. It recognizes me and I get "welcome" followed quickly by "signing out". I've done multiple restarts and nothing helps....
  8. Windows sandbox-anyone used it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows sandbox-anyone used it?: Hi folks, I have windows 10 pro due to having upgraded initially from windows 8 pro that was on a special offer of £14.99 from Microsoft years ago. Just discovered that I can turn on windows sandbox, doesn't come with Home version, and have done so, seems ok though a little...
  9. Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade: Just upgraded to 1903 yesterday. Decided to try out Windows Sandbox. However, when I go to the program selection box, Windows Sandbox is grayed out with the message: Windows Sandbox cannot be installed: Virtualization is disabled in the firmware. Same message for Windows...
  10. Cannot use scroll Function after upgrading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use scroll Function after upgrading: Hi, I just upgraded my Acer notebook from Windows 7 Pro the other day. Although my touchpad is working fine, I cannot have it enable scrolling. I remember that I had a Synaptics touchpad driver used in the Win 7 OS. After searching around on the web, I attempted the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. single languaje to pro 1093

2. windows 1093 update

3. virtualization support is disabled firmware

4. windows sandbox cannot be installed virtualization disabled by firmware,
  5. windows 1093,
  6. Windows sandbox cannot be installed virtualization not supported,
  7. windows 10 sandbox greyed out,
  8. windows 10 1903 sandbox box grayed out,
  9. surface book 2 1903 update,
  10. windows 10 update 1093,
  11. sandbox is grayed out in windows 10,