Windows 10: Cannot verify email to change lost password.

Discus and support Cannot verify email to change lost password. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I sign into my computer through an email that I created when I first got the computer with the respective pin I made for it. I do not remember the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Journey27, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Journey27 Win User

Cannot verify email to change lost password.

I sign into my computer through an email that I created when I first got the computer with the respective pin I made for it. I do not remember the password, and I cannot change it because to change the password you have to have an inbox set up with that email. I never used the email for anything other than to sign in with the pin and I cannot change the password because I can't access the inbox of the email to verify the account and then change the password. I have tried everything, including the account retrieval form. And I can't find any way to get into direct contact with Microsoft suppo

:)

Journey27, Aug 29, 2021

2. Can't Verify my account & changing email

Hello Bojan,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

If you are not receiving the verification code, you can try to verify your account through the online account validation process.

Please go to (Reset your password)
    and follow the steps below:

• Enter your Microsoft account and type in the characters you'll see in the pictures and click on Next.
    • Click "I can’t use any of these options".
    • Enter a working email address where we can contact you and click on Next.
    • Fill-up the form and click “Submit”.

In this method, you will be asked to provide a contact email where a link will be sent after you validated your account. I suggest that you provide a working email for you to receive the password reset link.

Also, to answer to your second question, please be informed that you cannot change the Windows Live Id of your Microsoft Account. However, you can add an alias email address to it. Follow the below steps.

• Sign in to the
      Manage your account aliases
      page.
    • Select Add email alias .
    • Follow the instructions to create a new Outlook.com email, or add any address that isn’t already a Microsoft account.

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 29, 2021
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

4. Cannot verify email to change lost password.

Change password to email address

Hello,

You can change your password for security reasons or reset it if you forget it. We'd like to know more details about your concern, so we can better assist you: Kindly verify the following:

• Are you using an Outlook.com or Hotmail email address?
    • Are you trying to change your email address password?

Additionally, you may also refer to this
    support link
    on How to reset your Microsoft account password.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Aug 29, 2021
Thema:

Cannot verify email to change lost password.

1. Cannot verify email to change lost password. - Similar Threads - Cannot verify email

2. Change email password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email password: I changed my MS Account password, but it doesn't work for my email account. Short of deleting my MS account which I don't know how to do and creating a new one, how do I change my email password to be the same as my MS Account password?...
  3. Emails that claims to change password and name + one verify email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emails that claims to change password and name + one verify email: So I got several emails in my main section "updates" on Gmail.First it was password change, then verify code to the email, and then it changed the name of my account to a different one, instead of gmail, it was "icloud.com", no clue what icloud even is...So several things...
  4. Emails that claims to change password and name + one verify email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emails that claims to change password and name + one verify email: So I got several emails in my main section "updates" on Gmail.First it was password change, then verify code to the email, and then it changed the name of my account to a different one, instead of gmail, it was "icloud.com", no clue what icloud even is...So several things...
  5. Emails that claims to change password and name + one verify email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. cannot verify my email

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot verify my email: I tried couple of times veryfing my email. I typed the code that they gave me but everytime when I enter everything in result i get that my email wasnt veryfied. It says something like "This email address couldn't be verified because the wrong Microsoft account may have been...
  7. changing the verifying email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing the verifying email address: When I change my password, ms want to send a code to an email address. I want to change that address. I have looked all over and cannot find. Thanks in advance...
  8. Windows 10 Cannot change passwordsetup a PINor verify password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Cannot change passwordsetup a PINor verify password: I try to review my Password in Credentals Manager, Or buy a APP in Microsoft Store ,ALL the Windows Security verify dialog just pupup again and again ,whether I enter the right password or click Cancel,It just close and show up again. Same when I try to switch to Local...
  9. change email password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change email password: How can I change the password on my gmail account through windows live mail. I keep getting an error message that the user name and/or password are incorrect but the screen isn't giving me any way to change either of these. I have been using the same password for a long...
  10. I lost my google/email password and cannot recover it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my google/email password and cannot recover it.: I lost my google/email password and cannot recover it. I have documents on my main gmail account that are business related that I need to print and sign. I have read everything I could find about recovering lost passwords or creating new ones. Nothing worked, I listened...