Windows 10: Cannot verify identification after removing Windows hello for Business and stuck at login...

Discus and support Cannot verify identification after removing Windows hello for Business and stuck at login... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I just wiped out the Windows Hello for Business Authentication on laptop and all of the passwords of home login screen PIN, finger prints have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Venus_2222, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Cannot verify identification after removing Windows hello for Business and stuck at login...

So I just wiped out the Windows Hello for Business Authentication on laptop and all of the passwords of home login screen PIN, finger prints have been wiped. Restarted the laptop and I set up a new PIN for login. After that it just automatically jumped to the screen of identity verification and got stuck there it does not even let me choose my phone no.. I realised there was no phone number linked to my acc I then added it back to my windows acc through phone. However the verification just never came through to my phone and I’m stuck on the login screen forever..... I can’t reset the lapto

:)

Venus_2222, Mar 8, 2022
  2. blizz Win User

Windows 10 Hello on domain-joined computer - Credentials could not be verified

I am on a Lenovo X1 6th Gen laptop with Windows 10 Pro Build 1803 and connecting to my work domain. I have all GPO's correctly configured for Windows Hello. I am able to login to my domain account using password and it prompts me to set up facial recognition and pin. I get through it successfully. When I go to login, I have options for facial recognition and pin. However, if I try logging in with either of these options, it tells me the Credentials could not be verified.

I have configured all Windows Hello GPO's according to these two links:

Can't enable Windows Hello - Some settings are managed by your organization

Configure Windows Hello for Business Policy settings - certificate trust - Windows security | Microsoft Docs

I tried unjoining domain, deleting the computer object in AD, and rejoining the domain. Tried rebooting. Tried resetting facial recognition. I've tried everything I could but still, it says my credentials could not be verified when using facial recognition or pin login. The password login still works fine.

What am I doing wrong? How can it be so difficult to set this up?

Here is the settings screen:

Cannot verify identification after removing Windows hello for Business and stuck at login... GkBvG.png

blizz, Mar 8, 2022
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Windows Hello Immediately turns on

Hi Matthew,

Facial Recognition is the most convenient way to sign in to your PC.

To remove or disable Windows Hello, follow the steps below;

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under Windows Hello, turn off the Automatically unlock the screen if we recognize your face feature/option.
    • You can click Remove if you want to remove the identification data on your device.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Mar 8, 2022
  4. JhakeSong Win User

Cannot verify identification after removing Windows hello for Business and stuck at login...

Windows 20H2 changed my login screen

Hi Silpheed1,

This is Will C an Independent Advisor and I'll be happy to help you out with this inquiry. You mentioned that you are trying to get rid of the Windows Hello prompt when you login.

Below are the steps on how to Disable Windows Hello login feature:

To remove Windows Hello and any associated biometric identification data from the device,

1) Go to Start

2) Select Settings

3) Then go to Accounts then Sign-in options.

4) Select the Windows Hello method you want to remove, and then select Remove.

Hope this helps, Have a great day!

JhakeSong, Mar 8, 2022
Thema:

Cannot verify identification after removing Windows hello for Business and stuck at login...

1. Cannot verify identification after removing Windows hello for Business and stuck at login... - Similar Threads - Cannot verify identification

2. Windows Hello for Business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello for Business: We are piloting Windows Hello for Business on laptops running Windows 10 21H2. Hello is configured to used Cloud Hybrid Trust recommended and for the majority of the 70 users trialling all is good. What is now hard to ignore is 2 users have randomly hit an intermittent issue...
  3. Windows Hello for Business

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello for Business: We are piloting Windows Hello for Business on laptops running Windows 10 21H2. Hello is configured to used Cloud Hybrid Trust recommended and for the majority of the 70 users trialling all is good. What is now hard to ignore is 2 users have randomly hit an intermittent issue...
  4. Windows Hello for Business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello for Business: Even with Windows Hello enforced via policy in Microsoft Intune, users can still sign in via single authentication using their password. I am currently testing if Windows Hello for Business is a viable MFA or Passwordless solution. Is there a way to make users use their...
  5. Windows hello for business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello for business: where do I find the newest documentation on hello for business? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-for-business/65cbde06-638c-4cfc-aa81-d05e1484921b
  6. Windows hello for business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello for business: where do I find the newest documentation on hello for business? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-for-business/65cbde06-638c-4cfc-aa81-d05e1484921b
  7. Windows hello for business

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Cannot verify identification after removing Windows hello for Business and stuck at login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot verify identification after removing Windows hello for Business and stuck at login...: So I just wiped out the Windows Hello for Business Authentication on laptop and all of the passwords of home login screen PIN, finger prints have been wiped. Restarted the laptop and I set up a new PIN for login. After that it just automatically jumped to the screen of...
  9. Cannot verify identification after removing Windows hello for Business and stuck at login...

Cannot verify identification after removing Windows hello for Business and stuck at login...: So I just wiped out the Windows Hello for Business Authentication on laptop and all of the passwords of home login screen PIN, finger prints have been wiped. Restarted the laptop and I set up a new PIN for login. After that it just automatically jumped to the screen of...
  10. Cannot login Windows after removing PIN

Cannot login Windows after removing PIN: First things first, my laptop uses my Microsoft account when I first bought it. So the only account in my laptop is my administrator account, which is linked with Microsoft. Instead of using the password of my Microsoft account to login windows, I set a PIN instead....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello for business cannot verify credentials