Windows 10: Cannot verify identity

Discus and support Cannot verify identity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello!I'm having trouble with my Microsoft account. I cannot log in to certain areas "an illegal state change was requested" or verify my account in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JayEllery, May 2, 2021.

1. JayEllery Win User

Cannot verify identity

Hello!I'm having trouble with my Microsoft account. I cannot log in to certain areas "an illegal state change was requested" or verify my account in Win 10 settings -> Your Info -> Verify. I first noticed when I tried to log into my account in Minecraft and later in the Microsoft Store when trying to download the Xbox ApplAs per a similar trouble ticket, I ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, and sfc /scannow, but the problem still persists. There is also reference to a troubleshooter download

:)

JayEllery, May 2, 2021

2. “We need to verify your identity”,

I have received this code about a 100 times, either to my phone or my e-mail. It lasts about an hour or two, then I get the “We need to verify your identity” pop-up again.

Two-step sign in is not activated.

I also noticed that on the "My devices" page, my desktop PC is shown with detailed info, like motherboard type, Windows 10 Core (10.0.10586.63), etc.

But my other computer, the laptop, is just listed as "PC". No other information is available, not Windows version, no hardware details, nothing. That laptop is the only one that gets this annoying “We need to verify your identity” despite me having entered
    the code over a hundred times in any available way.

I am quite certain that the fact that not detailed PC or Windows information is closely related to the “We need to verify your identity” problem.

MarcoDeppe, May 2, 2021
  3. WWilliams Win User
    identity will not verify

my identity will not verify in my info

WWilliams, May 2, 2021
  4. Cannot verify identity

Verify your identity oln this PC

Being ask to verify my identity, since the last update - Creators Update - it no longer accept the remain letters for the email or the numbers for the mobile phone on the PC

As a result it no longer sync ...

Any suggestions?

esbkk11000, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Cannot verify identity

1. Cannot verify identity - Similar Threads - Cannot verify identity

2. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  3. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  4. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot verify my identity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot verify my identity: In windows 10, I cannot verify my identity in the "Your Info" tab under settings in Windows 10 because that account email doesn't exist. I have a Microsoft account but when I try to enter that information to verify I get the error "An illegal state change was requested"...
  6. Verify Identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify Identity: I am attempting to verify my identity on my Windows account but every time I try, I receive a message saying that I could not sign in due to "An illegal state change was requested." How can I fix this problem? [ATTACH]...
  7. Cannot Verify Identity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Verify Identity: Hi, I have tried to Verify my identity through the Settings > Account > Verify, but when i click verify and enter my password i get the following error message: We couldn't sign you in An illegal state change was requested If anyone knows how to resolve this...
  8. I cannot VERIFY my identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot VERIFY my identity: My email accounts in Mail need to be fixed, including Outlook, but when I try I get 'something went wrong' and 'Pin not available'. Then I get asked to VERIFY my identity, but I cannot do that either. When I try to get a security code sent , either to my designated phone...
  9. Cannot VERIFY Identity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot VERIFY Identity: I cannot VERIFY my identity in my account. When I try I get the unhelpful response that 'something' went wrong. I have issues possibly related to this, such as the fact that my main email account which is part of my identity (Outlook) has stopped working and attempts to fix...
  10. Cannot VERIFY Identity

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot VERIFY Identity: I cannot VERIFY my identity in my account. When I try I get the unhelpful response that 'something' went wrong. I have issues possibly related to this, such as the fact that my main email account which is part of my identity (Outlook) has stopped working and attempts to fix...