Windows 10: Cannot view company shared drive on my desktop

Discus and support Cannot view company shared drive on my desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have had trouble for some time with viewing a company shared drive for file uploading and editing. Our company uses OneDrive and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nicksh1, Jan 21, 2019.

1. nicksh1 Win User

Cannot view company shared drive on my desktop

Hi there,

I have had trouble for some time with viewing a company shared drive for file uploading and editing. Our company uses OneDrive and I have complete access to other Microsoft apps and have a business email with Microsoft. I am able to access OneDrive through the browser but the problem arises when trying to view files within my computer's File Explorer. When viewing coworkers' computers, they are able to access this drive under "This PC" and then our company names OneDrive appears as a separate drive, just like a USB would appear. I am unable to view any other drive as well as not being able to view the many office computers on the network.

What I've tried:
    - syncing OneDrive from the browser to PC
    - change sharing options for different network profiles within the Network and Internet settings on control panel

:)

nicksh1, Jan 21, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 21, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot view company shared drive on my desktop - Similar Threads - Cannot view company

2. Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop: HELP! I am trying to share a drive containing folders and files on our desktop to a laptop. I have setup the drive, folder, and files to be shared; I have not required a password; etc. Yet, I either get errors saying 1 I need credentials yet without telling me EXACTLY what...
  3. Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop: HELP! I am trying to share a drive containing folders and files on our desktop to a laptop. I have setup the drive, folder, and files to be shared; I have not required a password; etc. Yet, I either get errors saying 1 I need credentials yet without telling me EXACTLY what...
  4. My desktop view is my D drive instead of my C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My desktop view is my D drive instead of my C drive: I need help to revert the view of my desktop. It was originally the C drive where all my main files are there but after I moved a game file to D drive, my desktop view suddenly changes to my D drive files....
  5. Cannot view files in my desktop folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot view files in my desktop folders: Hi all Complete newbie here - suddenly my files have all disappeared from inside my desktop folders. This is really frustrating - I've tried the 'click to show hidden files' etc on the File Explorer app. I know there are still files in the folders as it lists them at the...
  6. viewing my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    viewing my desktop: my laptop no longer shows my desktop and all the icons, instead i have the full start up , how do i change it back??? it is the Yoga model, I changed into a tablet yesterday and its been like it ever since....
  7. Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's...

Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's...: There is a folder on my company's share drive that, even with administrator access (assistant IT Admin), I cannot view nor edit the permission settings of a specific folder. I can see the settings and change permission with every folder in the main directory where this...
  8. Share drive cannot view after update

Share drive cannot view after update: I recently update my windows 10, after that, I cannot view the share folder of other computers which are connected under the same workgroup, under the same network....
  9. viewing "Properties" of shared drives on a home network

viewing "Properties" of shared drives on a home network: My question is: How do I view the "Properties" of the other drives in my networked computers. Before I used Windows 10, ( all 4 computers were on windows 7) all I had to do was point to the shared drive on another networked computer and right click on it and select...
  10. Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.

Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.: At my work, we are upgrading all computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (roughly about 12 computers total). So far 6 of them have been upgraded successfully with not network issues. There is a company domain in place. After upgrading the 7th computer, a Dell Latitude E6410,...