Windows 10: Cannot view files in program files folder

Discus and support Cannot view files in program files folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using ExpressVPN - my printer won't work when connected to the VPN so I am trying to specify in the VPN software that the printer bypasses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rosm2004, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Rosm2004 Win User

Cannot view files in program files folder

Hi,

I am using ExpressVPN - my printer won't work when connected to the VPN so I am trying to specify in the VPN software that the printer bypasses the VPN. This requires me to specify the printer app.

I am assuming the printer app (HP Smart) is located in Program Files/WindowsApps folder -- please correct me if I'm wrong. But when I try to navigate to that folder, it tells me I don't have permissions. It tells me to continue, then tells me I have to use the Security Tab - but it looks like I have the necessary permissions for everything but still doesn't let me view the files.

I am the owner of the computer (Microsoft Surface Pro) and am the one who performed the installations. I have checked my profile and am listed as an administrator/trusted installer. So why can't I see these programs?

I don't know whether, even if I am able to access the printer app, that it's going to work with while I am connected to the VPN so if anybody knows how to do it, please let me know. I have asked in the HP printer forum and haven't received an answer.

:)

Rosm2004, Mar 22, 2019
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Mar 22, 2019
  3. YIN
    Yin Win User
    Looking for a program which grabs folders\files and converts it into text

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a program which lets you pick a folder and grabs all the files\folders names and puts it in a text file.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't.

4. Cannot view files in program files folder

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Cannot view files in program files folder

1. Cannot view files in program files folder - Similar Threads - Cannot view files

2. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  3. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  4. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  6. Cannot view File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot view File Explorer: Hi there, we recently got a new PC setup, it was working fine and still is but i cant seem to access file explorer anymore, I can access it through word but can only open word documents ect, when I try to click on it or any file it opens it and you can hover on the icon and...
  7. Cannot view files in my desktop folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot view files in my desktop folders: Hi all Complete newbie here - suddenly my files have all disappeared from inside my desktop folders. This is really frustrating - I've tried the 'click to show hidden files' etc on the File Explorer app. I know there are still files in the folders as it lists them at the...
  8. File Explorer folder view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...
  9. program file folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program file folders: how do I access program file folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-file-folders/679d72e1-3c91-47fe-af67-036d66f42880
  10. "cannot create file" in programs folder

in Windows 10 Support
    "cannot create file" in programs folder: I'm new to Windows 10 and I'm installing some of my software. I came across this error today running Audio Identifier: The Application encountered an error! (cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Audio Identifier\settings.xml". Access is denied. I'm guessing it...