Windows 10: Cannot view files that i have taken ownership of

Discus and support Cannot view files that i have taken ownership of in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I have some files from a previous PC that i have put onto an external HDD, I have now taken ownership of these files however i still do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DroneAUS, Oct 1, 2020.

1. DroneAUS Win User

Cannot view files that i have taken ownership of

Hi All,

I have some files from a previous PC that i have put onto an external HDD, I have now taken ownership of these files however i still do not have permission to view said files? I have gone through just about all security TABs etc and still cannot figure out with the help or lack there of from google.

Can anyone help me view files and photos that i now have ownership of?!

When i try to open the files and photos i get. " It appears that you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again."

When i right click the photo or file and go to attributes - advanced , Compress or Encrypt Attributes sub section which has Encrypt contents to secure data ticked. When unticked and i press ok, then apply i get an error white is saying to me The specified file could not be decrypted.

The files and photos all have a padlock on them.

Confused.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Sincerly, Annoyed Windows 10 User.

:)

DroneAUS, Oct 1, 2020

2. How to I list folders and files inside the WindowsApps folder WITHOUT taking ownership?

Hi guys!

Like the Subject says "How to I list folders and files inside the WindowsApps folder WITHOUT taking ownership?"

Because every single time I've taken ownership of WindowsApps it breaks something. But I have to get the path to my games installed there.

blackkatt911, Oct 1, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 1, 2020
  4. xBruce88x Win User

file permissions/ownership troubles

a while back my main user account got corrupted somehow and the only way to get to my files was to take ownership of them in my other admin account. but now i'm stuck with having to retake ownership of these files every time i try to access it from another computer or user account, which makes sharing multimedia to my xbox 360 impossible. is there a way to just remove all of these permission settings back to normal? its REALLY getting frustrating with the access denied crap, its even interfering with some .msi install files. *Mad Cannot view files that i have taken ownership of :mad:*Cry :cry:

this also puts my new computer build on hold since i need to transfer the files but i'm stuck with the ownership crap

edit: btw its on windows xp pro sp3

xBruce88x, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot view files that i have taken ownership of - Similar Threads - Cannot view files

2. I have complete ownership of a file but is unable to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have complete ownership of a file but is unable to delete: I have a file in windows apps I want to delete.I couldn't uninstall it from programs in control panelbut I was able to "uninstall" it from the recommend page inside the start menu.The file is still there and I want to delete. I tried Remove-item path C:/filepath - forceI have...
  3. I have complete ownership of a file but is unable to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have complete ownership of a file but is unable to delete: I have a file in windows apps I want to delete.I couldn't uninstall it from programs in control panelbut I was able to "uninstall" it from the recommend page inside the start menu.The file is still there and I want to delete. I tried Remove-item path C:/filepath - forceI have...
  4. MS Photos app view by Date Taken, but .mov don't have Date Taken attribute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Photos app view by Date Taken, but .mov don't have Date Taken attribute: I've been Googling this for hours but haven't come up with anything useful. I've just imported 1,190 files, mostly .jpgs, with 70 .movIn MS Photos app, I can view by "Date Taken" or "Recently Added". None of the .mov files have a Date Taken attribute or value, so they all...
  5. MS Photos app view by Date Taken, but .mov don't have Date Taken attribute

MS Photos app view by Date Taken, but .mov don't have Date Taken attribute: I've been Googling this for hours but haven't come up with anything useful. I've just imported 1,190 files, mostly .jpgs, with 70 .movIn MS Photos app, I can view by "Date Taken" or "Recently Added". None of the .mov files have a Date Taken attribute or value, so they all...
  6. Cannot view File Explorer

Cannot view File Explorer: Hi there, we recently got a new PC setup, it was working fine and still is but i cant seem to access file explorer anymore, I can access it through word but can only open word documents ect, when I try to click on it or any file it opens it and you can hover on the icon and...
  7. Cannot take ownership of a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot take ownership of a file: Hi, I am trying to take ownership of a file with no current owner and tried to take ownership as the administrator, but no matter what I do, the it keeps "no current owner" in its properties. I have tried to change the ownership by "Replacing all child object permission...
  8. File ownership

in Windows 10 Customization
    File ownership: So i have an annoying thing on the computer that if i move a folder/file it then has a little lock and apps cant acces it. I gota right-click then file ownership and then personal. Is there a way to turn that of? Its kinda annoying. Thanks :...
  9. I cannot view photos in file explorer.

I cannot view photos in file explorer.: I cannot view photos in file explorer. Win 10 Says they are write protected. Unchecked read only, changed permissions. This was not happening 3 days ago....
  10. I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership

I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership: I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership [ATTACH] but [ATTACH] I got this file while installing cheat engine and now i cannot uninstall it. I think its a virus or malware. Please help me. Should i wash my computer????? (i have important stuff) I also...