Windows 10: cannot view JPG files Win-10

Discus and support cannot view JPG files Win-10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In RE: jpg files, not all of them on the HDD.. Most of the older ones that were PHOTOs or scanned files during the win-7 system before upgrade.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RandalOlds, Oct 1, 2018.

1. cannot view JPG files Win-10

In RE: jpg files, not all of them on the HDD..

Most of the older ones that were PHOTOs or scanned files during the win-7 system before upgrade.

Get error message trying to view picture files or scanned files. "It looks like you do not have permission to view this file"

I have gone to Properties and clicked on SECURITY and an EDIT option is not available, and no way to ALLOW full control these

options were not available..

:)

RandalOlds, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 1, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

cannot view JPG files Win-10

Quick Access view in Win 10 has changed view

Hi,

To change the view of your Quick access, see the steps below:

• Open File Explorer, and click on Quick access.
    • Click on the View tab alongside with File tab.
    • Click on Tiles button.
    • You can also hover your mouse to the other buttons to see the their views.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

cannot view JPG files Win-10

1. cannot view JPG files Win-10 - Similar Threads - cannot view JPG

2. .jpg unable to view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .jpg unable to view: A few months ago when I was trying to look at some old pics that I have saved on my computer decided not to work. The icon changed and when I click on it, it will open but has an error telling me it can't open this file. I have changed the default app viewer and that did not...
  3. Cannot view File Explorer

Cannot view File Explorer: Hi there, we recently got a new PC setup, it was working fine and still is but i cant seem to access file explorer anymore, I can access it through word but can only open word documents ect, when I try to click on it or any file it opens it and you can hover on the icon and...
  4. Windows 10 cannot open jpg/jpeg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot open jpg/jpeg files: Whenever I try to open a jog or jpeg file I get the message that this file type is not supported. Has anyone else had this problem.?How can I fix it? Thanks...
  5. Picture jpg views as icons

Picture jpg views as icons: When I moved my picture files to a new computer, the views were all changed and mixed, and I can't change them all to actual picture icons as I had before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-jpg-views-as-icons/9af10df9-aee3-4a29-9b4e-95c19d6b64d1"
  6. HEIC to JPG on win 10?

HEIC to JPG on win 10?: I have the newest upgrade but I need a codec to open these image files? Where can I get that - I don't want thrid party apps. TY! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-to-jpg-on-win-10/0d1d1c0a-de9f-49c7-b3c6-03f82e0bc942"
  7. Need permission to view jpg files on flash drive with Windows 10

Need permission to view jpg files on flash drive with Windows 10: I have a user who has a brand new Windows 10 computer. She brought pictures in from home on a flash drive and when she tries to view the pictures (jpg), she is getting a message that says "it looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and...
  8. View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.

View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.: What is the best way to view a gif, png or jpeg file in WIndows. To render the image as it is with no artefacts belonging to the viewer? I just want to view the image (and the image alone), move it about the screen, close the view....
  9. Win 10 Open jpg files with photoshop as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Open jpg files with photoshop as default: How to set jpg as default to photoshop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-open-jpg-files-with-photoshop-as-default/05dc0c60-6c36-47bf-9838-e153add5550e
  10. Viewing jpg pictures

Viewing jpg pictures: New W10. In W7 I would simply click on a picture to enlarge it. Some of mine are cartoon drawings with the punch line or caption running along the bottom. Just one left click was needed to view the whole thing. Can such a simple procedure be found in W10? When I click on...