Windows 10: Cannot view mp4 files from SD card in file explorer

Discus and support Cannot view mp4 files from SD card in file explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to move mp4 files from an SD card I use in my camera to my computer but when I view the SD card in file explorer I can see ARW and JPG files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephHarpstrite, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Cannot view mp4 files from SD card in file explorer

I'm trying to move mp4 files from an SD card I use in my camera to my computer but when I view the SD card in file explorer I can see ARW and JPG files but not the mp4 files. My SD card file system is FAT32. My file explorer view is set to show hidden files. I tried copying the whole folder to my PC but the mp4 files still didn't show up.

:)

JosephHarpstrite, Jul 13, 2020
  2. david1024 Win User

file explorer doesnt show movies on sd card but does list pictures

Here is how to fix it.

this may be tied to this being a fresh install of win10. but if you are the victim of this bug.... read on:

Open file explorer and go to view--> options and then change folder and search options... then select the view tab...

In folder options, change something and apply to all folders.

Reboot and all will be well. if you like, you can go back in and restore defaults because whatever is causing the problem will be fixed at that point.

Steps to recreate bug:

Clean install win10 (with format-don't preserve anything)

SD card formatted with fat32 and .jpg files and .mp4 files in a subfolder, 300 jpeg and 75 mp4. put the SD card in the reader (stream7 in my case--internal)

Open file explorer and view this pc and then select the SD "drive"

File explorer will only show the jpg files. but using cmd and dir will. move and copy will also work from the cmd window on the mp4 but not in the GUI.

david1024, Jul 13, 2020
  3. How to view files in Nokia Lumia from SD CARD

We bought nokia lumia 625 but we can not view files from sd card, only pictures video and music files that we can access, but other files we cannot find it. How can we view other files from sd card in Nokia Lumia.

Elias Bañares, Jul 13, 2020
  4. g-manz Win User

Cannot view mp4 files from SD card in file explorer

view hidden files on SD card

I have a SD card from another phone with hidden files on it. I cannot view the files on my new 822 phone. What is the command to make these files temporarily visible?

g-manz, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Cannot view mp4 files from SD card in file explorer

1. Cannot view mp4 files from SD card in file explorer - Similar Threads - Cannot view mp4

2. Another person that can't delete files from SD card via File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another person that can't delete files from SD card via File Explorer.: I've seen a number of questions on why files can't be deleted or moved from SD cards. I didn't see one with an answer that solves my issue. In File Explorer where the cut and delete Icons are, they are ghosted. It's hard to see but they are slightly more grey when looking at...
  3. Another person that can't delete files from SD card via File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another person that can't delete files from SD card via File Explorer.: I've seen a number of questions on why files can't be deleted or moved from SD cards. I didn't see one with an answer that solves my issue. In File Explorer where the cut and delete Icons are, they are ghosted. It's hard to see but they are slightly more grey when looking at...
  4. Videos NOT showing on file explorer from SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos NOT showing on file explorer from SD card: So videos from my SD card will not show up on file explorer. This does not work for either of my SD cards, so it's not an issue on that end. I have "hidden items" checked as you can see in the screenshot below. Can anyone suggest any other options that may need to be toggled?...
  5. In File Explorer, why are there no thumbnails of SD cards images?

In File Explorer, why are there no thumbnails of SD cards images?: In Folder Options > View I have unchecked Always show icons, never thumbnails. In the other folders in the File Explorer icons are shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-file-explorer-why-are-there-no-thumbnails-of-sd/8875ccbc-28d5-4c2b-be14-90bfc7b1067b
  6. Cannot view File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot view File Explorer: Hi there, we recently got a new PC setup, it was working fine and still is but i cant seem to access file explorer anymore, I can access it through word but can only open word documents ect, when I try to click on it or any file it opens it and you can hover on the icon and...
  7. Photos from SD card not importing properly into File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photos from SD card not importing properly into File Explorer: When I try to import photos from an SD card, the photos on the card are not showing up in File Explorer. I am seeing old pictures that have already been imported into the photos app. I would prefer to use File Explorer and not the Photos app, any suggestions?...
  8. sd card files

sd card files: Hi I am trying to play files from my Dashcam SD Card I get message saying windows media cant play files as it doesn't know which codec was used to compress the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-files/7234fbb0-99d2-46fc-8a7d-767106d4691d"
  9. SD Card and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card and File Explorer: I am having a strange problem on my new Win10 laptop. I have a built-in SD slot in my laptop in which I keep a 2G card to store just one file - my complete collection of UserIDs and Passwords; I leave the card in all the time and copy and paste whenever needed. The reason...
  10. Cannot set file explorer file view

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot set file explorer file view: Hi, For some reason my win 10 (64 b) install always shows images in file view instead of Details. When I try to apply the details setting to all folders, that selection is always grayed out. Can someone help? Thanks, Ed 72879