Windows 10: Cannot view Office 365 program documents in File explorer preview pane

Discus and support Cannot view Office 365 program documents in File explorer preview pane in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My office 356 documents such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint will not display in the file explorer preview pane. I have checked the setting and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pisgahview, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Cannot view Office 365 program documents in File explorer preview pane

My office 356 documents such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint will not display in the file explorer preview pane.

I have checked the setting and tried various fixes touted online and on youtube, but I still cannot get these files to preview in file explorer.

I can preview pdf files, pictures and graphics but anything to do with my Office 365 work programs will not preview.

Literally, nothing appears but if I highlight the file for some time then a message appears saying "This file can't be previewed". This has been going on for a few weeks and I am now able to take time to look into the issue.

This is a feature that I rely on and it is currently driving me nuts not having a solution.

Please, if anyone has a solution or resolution I would be most grateful.

:)

Pisgahview, Aug 22, 2020

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Preview pane not functional / causing system issues

Hi,

We can see here that you're having an issue with using the preview pane for File Explorer. Since using the preview pane affects the CPU usage when trying to view Office files, we could suggest that you changed your File Explorer View setting into the Navigation
    pane by performing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Select Preview pane to remove it from being highlighted.

Once done, try to open files using Office apps and check if this helps your Surface Pro 4 works fine.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Aug 22, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Cannot view Office 365 program documents in File explorer preview pane

Office 2016 - no preview of Excel documents in File Explorer

This worked for some:

Update...

Also check this entry in registry, if it's the same

Cannot view Office 365 program documents in File explorer preview pane [​IMG]

Another thing to check.. if it wasn't before..
    in Explorer, Check >Options>View in Advanced Settings check if "Show preview handlers in preview pane" is enabled

(but this probably is, since you can view Word files

Cannot view Office 365 program documents in File explorer preview pane [​IMG]

AndreTen, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Cannot view Office 365 program documents in File explorer preview pane

1. Cannot view Office 365 program documents in File explorer preview pane - Similar Threads - Cannot view Office

2. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews: I have the same issue as the one described in this locked thread.Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working - Microsoft CommunityI have tried all the suggestions in the OP.I ran Office Quick repair.I ran Office On-Line repair.I have uninstalled and then installed...
  3. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews: I have the same issue as the one described in this locked thread.Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working - Microsoft CommunityI have tried all the suggestions in the OP.I ran Office Quick repair.I ran Office On-Line repair.I have uninstalled and then installed...
  4. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Preview Pane: Hi allI'm having an issue with the preview pane in File Explorer.I can turn the pane on like normal, however sometimes the navigation buttons for the preview pane move the ones to click to next page etc.Sometimes they are at the top of the file and sometimes they are below....
  6. File Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Preview Pane: Hi allI'm having an issue with the preview pane in File Explorer.I can turn the pane on like normal, however sometimes the navigation buttons for the preview pane move the ones to click to next page etc.Sometimes they are at the top of the file and sometimes they are below....
  7. Preview Pane in File Explorer

Preview Pane in File Explorer: Does anyone know why my Previrew Pane is showing an Index?***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane-in-file-explorer/bd53d4ec-158c-43c0-a519-6a5840634053
  8. windows 10 explorer preview pane - view HTML FILES

windows 10 explorer preview pane - view HTML FILES: when selecting an HTML file pictures are blocked and the following message is displayed "Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer". how do I fix this?. When opening with chrome pictures are displayed. I have some older HTML...
  9. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...
  10. file explorer preview pane

file explorer preview pane: Problem I`m having is the preview pane will show pdf`s fine, but will not preview jpegs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-preview-pane/3166cd80-4954-4b11-8def-bf594a2d9831"